Cheap Macro solution by sunkist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sunkist said:
k take some sample let mi see?

Sorry for the late reply. As requested. Left is 1 zoom, 35cm. Centre is +3 and right is +4.

normal_Different.JPG

Cheers
John

thanks =)............. but is it possible to do a 12X with min WD with above filter?

John Teoh said:
Tried. Can't.

Cheers
John

u mean cannot do a 12X zoom with filter on?

John Teoh said:
Tried. Can't.

Cheers
John

Actually its possible.
Just tried for first time today at AMK.
1) set focus to manual.
2) use the +4 CU filters
3) zoom 12x on FZ10/20.
4) aim subject from distance of about 30cm.
5) move distance to and fro to find the focus zone. Its about 30cm.
6) results -
125.jpg

cant see the result.

That's because I tried not to let the lens be too far from the filters. Remember reading that you should avoid this where possible. Also, I use the Macro setting.

Cheers
John

Took some shot again last night. So I'll share it now after i resize them. No cropping, handheld. 12X with magnifying

#1 -SE T610's screen
marcofilter003.jpg

#2 - $2 note
marcofilter005.jpg

#3 - Panasonic charger
marcofilter012.jpg

#1 - 4-6X zoom
marcofilter083.jpg

#2 - 12X zoom
marcofilter040.jpg

gunny said:
Hi Sunkist,

Thought we are not suppose to zoom, especially up until 12x, when doing macro shot? Isn't zooming makes the minimum distance even longer? :confused:

Not really.. Zooming has the effect of reducing Depth of field. Depending on the effect you're trying to achieve, you may wish to zoom in.

ie.. You wish to have only a portion of the picture in focus. However, by bringing the camera closer to the picture at the largest aperture, you still have other unwanted stuff in focus.. By zooming in instead, the other stuff may fall out of focus because of the reduced DoF.

Got my +4 closeup today. Here is my test.

FZ20 >> Raynox Adapter >> Hoya UV Filter >> Hoya +4 Closeup Filter
Working Distance ~ 22cm

All images resized to 600x450. No crop.

#1 - No Zoom
macro_test01.jpg

#2 - 6x
macro_test02.jpg

#3 - 12x
macro_test03.jpg

how much is ur CU?

ur thread size is 58mm?

wonder how much a 55mm cost lei.

Did another tryout on setting with magnfying glass. Below is the setup which enable me to take the 5cent coin without any cast shadow. Handheld. If i do not prepare the white card for reflect light purpose. there will be a cast shadow on the coin. All shoots are with int-flash and setup shown below
setup.jpg

#1 - without home made diffuser for int-flash
coin001.jpg

#2 - with home made diffuser for int-flash
coin002.jpg

Yet again,

have 2 marco shot being done with magnifying glass.

#1 -lesser blue
Macro001.jpg

#2 - big black ant
Macro002.jpg

Hi all,

i'm new in CS but i've been using my fz1 since last feb. When taking macro shots, i use it with my nikon 6T closeup filter. One thing i learn't is that if u zoom to the max (12x), your shots will show more CA (CA = cromatic aberration = the blue or purple fringe along the edge between bright lit and dark things in your photo). When i zoom to 10x or 11x, the CA is much less, and there isn't much diff in magnification between 11x and 12x anyway IMHO.

this works for my fz1 so it should work for ppl with fz3 and fz5 as well.

perhaps all the fz10/20 ppl should try and let us know the results too?

just my S$0.02 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.