Challenging outdoor shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Cheesecake,

Thank you. Look forward to seeing you on that day, :) Cheers.

Cheesecake said:
:thumbsup: wahahahaha

good one! i gif u my support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE]

noone. hope to see u join the crowd. can drop by after the fireworks, hehe

Cheesecake said:
madscientist said:
Hi Cheesecake,

Thank you. Look forward to seeing you on that day, :) Cheers.

who say i'm joining?

I am not worrying. What's better than shooting babes with beautiful hair with fireworks as part of background in a historical bridge? This is fireworks shoot redefined! I do hope to see you there though, Cheesecake, :p

Cheesecake said:
madscientist said:
noone. hope to see u join the crowd. can drop by after the fireworks, hehe

hahaha

dun worry! i'm jus kidding. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Hi all,

Now accepting entries. Book now!

Below are the details:

There will be an organised shoot available on Saturday, 5th August 2006. From 9pm-11pm at Boat Quey, Cavenagh Bridge.

Details of the shoot is as follows:

Theme: Clubbing Devils
Dress code (for models): Clubbing outfit that's bold, sexy, crazy.
No of models: 2
No of photographers: 10

1st 45 mins to 1 model, 5 photographers per model
2nd 45 mins to another model
Last 30 mins 10 photographers to 2 models.

1 personnel will be accompanying each model. Please feel free to ask them for help if you require any assistance (eg. holding of reflectors).

500W model light will be provided for each model. They will be powered at 50% to ensure battery stamina.

Cost: $120 per photographer

Please note the focus in this shoot is the hair. This is optional. The focus is just to increase the challenge. Those who confirms before 3th Aug, 0000hrs will pay a price of $110 instead. Those who are coming in a group of 5 or 10, please do let me know so I can offer a special rate to you.

Please let me know if you require any special arrangements.

PS: A 50% deposit is required for confirmation.

Below are the photos of the models. Makeup artiste will be available on the shoot.

#1:
201814556_1b7b0681ef_o.jpg

#2:
201814557_6739afa01d_o.jpg

As requested, #1 asked me to post 1 more pic. Here it goes:

This is the test shoot, the venue is exactly the place which the shoot will be held. The brightness is reduced for effects.
Shot using Canon PowerShot S50 using Auto mode, onboard computer decided to flash.

Exposure: 1/60 sec
F Number: f/2.8
Metering mode: Pattern
Focal Length: 7mm
Exposure Compensation: 0 step

Edited shot:
201848029_d670272bf2_b.jpg

Actual shot:
202655608_7a4d299a7a_b.jpg

So start pming now! Confirmation details will be available upon pm.

Wow, what a deal, what a scheme. The original cost was $90 for 2 hours 3 models. Now, 2 hours, 2 models, $120. An increase in price while cost is going down, 2 models vs. 3.

What a deal, what a business scheme! I salute you.

Actually, your revised scheme is probably easier to mannage. However this is still damn expansive. Each individual photographers have 2x9 minutes to a model during the first 90 minutes. Then during the 10 to 2 shoot, 3 more minutes. This means 21 monutes for $120, or $5.7 minutes. I think this is still one of the most expansive shoot aroung town.

By the way, guys, do bring a lot of batteries. Shooting with camera mounted flash, good luck.

madscientist said:
Hi Deadpoet,

I agree that using only camera mounted flash is indeed challenging. Isn't that what you photographers are supposed to overcome? Handling tricky lighting conditions. Perfect lighting conditions are rarely available in outdoor. So are you going to tell me to get a stadium floodlight for your shoot? Clients are getting photography-savvy nowadays, they have higher expectations now and their budget are not keeping up with the increase. Even in commercial outdoor shoots, do not expect your lighting to be as optimal as in a studio.
Hi scientist, i think you are really mad to suggest such a shoot and having such a concept.....:think:
There is a limit, even to the best photographer in the world, to shoot models with camera mounted flash for 2 hours ..... either you never shoot before or you watch too much Charlie's Angels .... :what: Ever seen a commercial outdoor shoot before?

Hi Deadpoet & Canonised,

The increase in the price is due to the transportation and the use of the modelling lights. Expensive? I did not say it is not. The venue is closed down for your shooting use and personnels are there to ensure that no traffic will disrupt your shoot and take care of any assistance you may require. For those with spare batteries, please bring along your chargers so you can rotate your batteries. Please read carefully before commenting. I have seen enough commercial outdoor photoshoots to know that they do not take 1 shot per second. Unless your camera flash unit is a high power laser unit, you do not require a truck of batteries to operate. If you have no interest in the shoot, please do not post as it is very troublesome for readers to flip through so many irrelevant materials.

Deadpoet, what a business scheme? There's no need to salute me, just organise similar shoots since you said it's so easy to manage. I bet you would say that even a 3 years old can manage this shoot. Go hire one, can save more of your costs.

I do notice that those who post plenty of irrelevant comments are usually those who have totally no interest in the shoot. I would appreciate if you do me and the thread readers a favour by posting your comments at the "Kopitiam" section. This is the link in case you do not know where: http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?p=2345344#post2345344
To those who wishes to flame me, please feel free to click on the link above and flame there.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hi all,

For those who are interested in the shoot and have any questions or enquiries, please feel free to post here or PM me. Constructive comments are welcome, :)

Thank you.

Hi Mad ...
Contrary to what you perceived, I actually find your idea very enterprising and I have never questioned anyone about their prices because I believe that PRICE is very relative to anyone.
I am irritated not so much as what is going on (first 3 models, then 2, then $90, then $120, then no pics, then ...it's obvious that you are not ready) but your statement and believe that "photographers are supposed to overcome? Handling tricky lighting conditions.", "Even in commercial outdoor shoots, do not expect your lighting to be as optimal as in a studio.", etc. I am trying to correct a misconception here. Anyway as you can see, members already have hard time posting "perfect images" without kanna pisxed off, how do you expect them to post images of model shoot with mounted flash?

Anyhow, i see that you have already agreed with me by having "500W model light will be provided for each model."

Don't give up this idea ..... improve on it .... add value (not adding costs). Good luck mad one.

Hi Canonised,

There is no misconception, only phrasing issues here. I did not agree with you about the lighting part. I asked earlier for what type of lighting you guys require. Once a suggestion is posted, I worked on it to give what I could provide. I am not giving up this idea. Rather, I am doing my best to accomodate to all your requests. That explains the change, not that I am not prepared.

Thank you for your compliment. I am trying my very best to make this shoot as realistic as a commercial shoot, without the restrictions and boss rattling their mouths off of course. Castings and location test shoot were even done. Manpower, models, makeup artiste, lightings, transportation and logistics all do cost. I see that there are not as many night outdoor shoots as compared to day outdoor shoot. You cannot expect night outdoor shoot to have the same pricing as day outdoor shoot. As you can see here, I am already trying to do my best to ensure that I meet all of your requirements.

Thank you.

Canonised said:
Hi Mad ...
Contrary to what you perceived, I actually find your idea very enterprising and I have never questioned anyone about their prices because I believe that PRICE is very relative to anyone.
I am irritated not so much as what is going on (first 3 models, then 2, then $90, then $120, then no pics, then ...it's obvious that you are not ready) but your statement and believe that "photographers are supposed to overcome? Handling tricky lighting conditions.", "Even in commercial outdoor shoots, do not expect your lighting to be as optimal as in a studio.", etc. I am trying to correct a misconception here. Anyway as you can see, members already have hard time posting "perfect images" without kanna pisxed off, how do you expect them to post images of model shoot with mounted flash?

Anyhow, i see that you have already agreed with me by having "500W model light will be provided for each model."

Don't give up this idea ..... improve on it .... add value (not adding costs). Good luck mad one.

500W strobe per model? I use alot more when I shoot in a studio. :think:

yup, I have to be responsible if I used more powerful units and blinded anyone. Too bad the good old days of flash powder are gone...

KNIGHT ONG said:
Good enuff for outdoor strobe liao .. :)

Hi guys,
I wonder do you need a model release for posting here?

Wow... good luck to you...

I think I'll go FS with KO instead :sweat:

Bring along a charger??? :dunno:

madscientist said:
For those with spare batteries, please bring along your chargers so you can rotate your batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.