Centralised thread for backpacking photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi zoossh, I am making my way there alone by motorbike and will explore cambodia by 2 wheels. If you share similar interest, and is experienced enough for a long trip like such, I do not mind having some company.

oic, not offering myself for a partnership. unable to take leave so often, so reserving 2 trips for next year, goa in feb and mongolia in july. i have laos already, so hoping to go to more culturally distinctly different places within budget.

Very good effort..
this thread should be made sticky..
or even start a sub forum..
Im considering organising trips once i have gotten all my contacts right :)

May I join the Goa Trip in Feb? me Female 37. Newbie...picking up photography..

May I join the Goa Trip in Feb? me Female 37. Newbie...picking up photography..

sure you can, i need someone good in bargaining too becos i'm very bad at it. if you can get a female friend to go with you lagi better. easier to share room.

oic, not offering myself for a partnership. unable to take leave so often, so reserving 2 trips for next year, goa in feb and mongolia in july. i have laos already, so hoping to go to more distinctly different places within budget.

Bro,
What you've done is just fantastic :thumbsup:
Those of us into travel and photography, have something to look forward to here...
a bit hard to find kakis who have interests in backpacking and photography.

Please count me in if you are planning a trip to Mongolia in July. I cannot say for sure that I will join you, but in case I don't make it to Tibet in June with some friends, then I am game for Mongolia.
I too can't take leave often :cry:

Cheers :thumbsup:

I try to find another female kaki, My friends are mostly "stay home" type... how? sob..
I will also like to join in Mongolia...:) Dun worry of heavy backpack, I am used to it liao, I carry my 10kg Backpack running around Cambodia with a guy friend too..:) hehe..

btw, i am lousy in bargaining..:)

3. Frostbiten hand in handling: at subzero temperature, the fingers may become so cold and may become painful. yet with a thick glove, you may not be able to handle your camera buttons

Suggestion 1- get a mitten glove that have a flap that can selectively cover the last segment of the fingers when you do not need to handle the buttons, and can be flapped open when you need to assess the buttons. my girlfriend got me one but i do not know where to buy them. Nuts suggest "Winning (now they have 1 branch in Taka) used to have them but I find them not very good mabbe bcoz of the materials... YMMV"

Bro,
I bought mine from Wintertime at Suntec (now closed down, but I guess there's one in Marina Square now), last year. I think it costs less than 15 bucks.

I try to find another female kaki, My friends are mostly "stay home" type... how? sob..
I will also like to join in Mongolia...:) Dun worry of heavy backpack, I am used to it liao, I carry my 10kg Backpack running around Cambodia with a guy friend too..:) hehe..

btw, i am lousy in bargaining..:)

Lotusfairy,

cool :thumbsup:
I will check with a colleague of mine if she is interested in Goa. Will let you know.
She went to Mongolia in Aug/Sep this year and has since been raving about it. Got me all interested in travelling there. :D

Lotusfairy,

cool :thumbsup:
I will check with a colleague of mine if she is interested in Goa. Will let you know.
She went to Mongolia in Aug/Sep this year and has since been raving about it. Got me all interested in travelling there. :D

xie xie..very much...wah...i go read up Goa liao..:)

Excellent stuff here, zoossh!
:thumbsup:

Will support this being expanded into a sub-forum once it grows large enough.
I'm subscribing to this thread for now.

I will be stationed in beijing for 6 months from late jan to late june. Feel free to drop in if any of you are in the region! Will be travelling extensively too as and when I get the chance! Hope to travel or meet up with fellow clubsnappers. :)

Nice effort to compile a summarised thread like this... :thumbsup:
Me nvr really backpacked before but hv always wanted to try...
Interested to travel in 2nd-half of Dec / early Jan...

I see..Many of you guys seems interested to backpack..;) Hmm..it can been pretty rough in some instances..

Anyway, if we are talking about backpacking photography, it generally falls into these two types of backpacking trips.

1. set up base camp to cover as much an area in daily treks & breaking camp from origin.
2. covering a different area/region daily and ending where you eventually planned..

Count me in..:thumbsup:

I see..Many of you guys seems interested to backpack..;) Hmm..it can been pretty rough in some instances..

Anyway, if we are talking about backpacking photography, it generally falls into these two types of backpacking trips.

1. set up base camp to cover as much an area in daily treks & breaking camp from origin.
2. covering a different area/region daily and ending where you eventually planned..

Count me in..:thumbsup:

base camp? sounded so much like mountain trekking. that is very tiring and requires a physique. in order to enjoy photography, i prefer the latter, except that i dun cover a different area/region everyday. if the place is worth exploring, it can be the same area/region for more than 1 day.

I still cannot find female kaki leh..and I am still very interested to go Goa...
Will be we going other place besides Goa during the same trip?;p

base camp? sounded so much like mountain trekking. that is very tiring and requires a physique. in order to enjoy photography, i prefer the latter, except that i dun cover a different area/region everyday. if the place is worth exploring, it can be the same area/region for more than 1 day.

I think we are not talking about the same thing/issue..:dunno: There is a difference between backpacking tour/trip & backpacking photography..;)

Yup, you are right, it takes alot of tough work..Some of my shorter assignments sometimes takes me upto 6 weeks out in the wild..Anyway, photography is my job and vice versa, so I am game for both..:) :) Count me in..

Hi Zooch,

There is another group oing to Dehli and other places...I like both...how?:angel:

Hi Zooch,

There is another group oing to Dehli and other places...I like both...how?:angel:

Hi LOTUSfairy

Whether it is Delhi or Goa, India never failed to surprise..

It all depends on what you are looking for in any trip..;) Be it city sights, urban scapes, nature, wild life etc.; you make the call and have yourself a wonderful, planned to your pleasure..:)

Enjoy yourself and start clicking away..

Status
Not open for further replies.