Caution on seller

Status
Not open for further replies.
markccm said:
thanks mate :)

i only posted coz i know the thread starter from another forum & just wanna share with him that he is not alone.
i'm sure there r many others out there who have similar experiences.

in my previous thread, there have been ppl who PM me asking who the person is & i revealed.

maybe to some its useless :rolleyes:
Thanks Mark.
I guess this is my first aeroplane. Made 3 purchases and 1 sale over CS the last one year without any problem. Have lots of sales on PPCSG and SPUG over the years and people tend to be punctual and committed to agreement. Too bad this HWZ purchase turned out this way. Guess need to be careful when dealing in HWZ in the future.....

Astin said:
U think ur case is bad enough?
When I sold my digicam few months ago, a guy sms me wanted to deal, arranged to meet 8pm at Serangoon housing block, I waited from 8pm-9pm, no show, then the guy sms me said he changed his mind, did not even meet up!

does the guy happens to meet you around blk 307?

cause heard on hwz got this guy always play people out around this area.

alot of such ppl around.
had a 'buyer' who emailed me for a quick deal for my yahoo auction. i agreed to his offered price without haggling (even though lower than my reserve price) and close the auction early. On agreed day/ time to transact, he smsed me when I was at the agreed meeting place to say that he is backing out because the agreed price is too high ...
did not even bother replying to him, jjust cursed my luck.

@#$#@$%#%
Second time in 3 days. Responded to an ad for Sony T3 on HWZ. Waited for the guy at Serangoon MRT and then went to his place at Block 243 and waited for more than hour. Might be the same guy that zaxh81 talking about. His mobile number is 81238120. This one confirm prankster.
My own fault for not searching for his mobile number on HWZ. Did a search when I got home and found that someone else complained on him before.

aiyah....not only got bad seller and got bad buyer mah...
got one time this buyer......make me wait >45 mins at mrt like an idiot.......then end up haggle with me over the pricing ........in the end i refuse to sell my items......
as if make me wait long enough so that i can sell so cheap to him........
so far that's the worst buyer i met........

also got another one buyer...agree on price and supposed to meet on that day...last minute can sms me and say he got cheaper deal.....and cheaper by only $20....sigh........

baiyun said:
aiyah....not only got bad seller and got bad buyer mah...
got one time this buyer......make me wait >45 mins at mrt like an idiot.......then end up haggle with me over the pricing ........in the end i refuse to sell my items......
as if make me wait long enough so that i can sell so cheap to him........
so far that's the worst buyer i met........
I have one friend who waited for a buyer at Orchard to sell his PDA case. The guy came late and tried to haggle for price somemore. My friend just walk off and threw his PDA case in the rubbish bin.

Yah but my friend was pissed then.....

I wanted to sell my cam once. One guy offered to buy it at lower than my RP but I said ok. He told me to meet him in Jurong and I told him that it is too far for me. So we decided to meet in town. I was on the way there and he told me he cannot make it and ask me to come to Jurong. So I sadi ok and when to Jurong. Met him and after looking at my cam fe said he does not have enough money can can only pay me $XXX. WTF I was so pissed off that I told him he is wasting my time. I recommend him to buy a Lomo instead. After I got home the idiot sms me and said he will take my cam at my price. I told him I am giving it to my grandmother to use.

I think that if a buyer/seller is not that active in CS forums or other forums and he/she is selling, it is not adviseable to get from that person. Like 1 yr then post one, seem like he got no time for internet, might not have time for you too. If their post count is low and they only want to buy/sell only, don't take the risk. They might not be serious enough to deal, just to test market only.

Try to deal with those forums regular for your own safety even you didn't meet them before. If they don't keep theirs word, they might be boom down here. Provided they give you a valid reason else, :devil:

Anyway, above are my own view. Happy buying/selling to all in the future. ;)

BBTM said:
I think that if a buyer/seller is not that active in CS forums or other forums and he/she is selling, it is not adviseable to get from that person. Like 1 yr then post one, seem like he got no time for internet, might not have time for you too. If their post count is low and they only want to buy/sell only, don't take the risk. They might not be serious enough to deal, just to test market only.

Try to deal with those forums regular for your own safety even you didn't meet them before. If they don't keep theirs word, they might be boom down here. Provided they give you a valid reason else, :devil:

Anyway, above are my own view. Happy buying/selling to all in the future. ;)
Agreed! :thumbsup:
Normally trade on reliable forums and based on the rules you mentioned. Classified is something that is risky but so far they are OK until these recent incidents. There seems to be a trend to play pranks judging from the increased number of complains on HWZ. Must have been kids with nothing to do.

markccm said:
I had a similar situation here

Just an update, that fella who flew my aeroplane sold a Fuji S2 not too long ago, coz he upgrading to D200 ;)

yes, he is still around in the forums with the same nick...
Hi Mark,

I think the person u're talking abt has at least one more nick now.

What do u guys think of pple active mostly in B&S and have 2 or more nicks?

wiz23 said:
Hi Mark,

I think the person u're talking abt has at least one more nick now.

What do u guys think of pple active mostly in B&S and have 2 or more nicks?

he is still around.

trust me.
i'm watching him....

Status
Not open for further replies.