Car Accident @ Ulu Pandan Road, Clementi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro calebk... U sent to xin ming ? I saw liao.. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yup, really dua ki accident... My NS camp Ulu Pandan is opposite. Last time drivers who met accidents long that road would automatically run to our camp for help. Now the camp has shifted. No more help liao. :p I hope the drivers/passengers are alright~

No more help... LOL Yah hope the drivers/passengers are alright.

Based on the damage, I say the Toyota was going straight, the Honda turned left, the Toyota swerved to miss the Honda but they clipped each other then bamm... quite obvious.

The Toyota's wheels were turned toward the road, so it probably tried to swerve itself back to the road but it lacks traction (probably wheel off ground already hence the lack of skidmarks) and hit the tree.

I don't think the Honda was going too quickly as if it did, the left wheel would've just ramped over the curb and ditch, but it was slow enough to break off (probably when it hit the ditch).

Must be painful to assess the damage, cars are so overpriced here.

Once again, thanks for all the kind words. It's really a rare shot that I have at photojourn. Haha.

I've a nasty suspicion the MR-S driver underestimated the speed that the Stream was coming at. Either that, or the Stream driver could not brake in time (because I heard a loud screeching, and it's quite hard for the MR-S to be screeching if he just came out of a gantry along the sliproad). The wet weather also contributed to the accident, I guess.

or the MR-S driver over-estimated the acceleration of his car?

Well, we know one thing at least. The crumple zone of the MR-S works.

To all drivers, please please do not speed and obey basic traffic rules.

almost read the statements wrongly....haha

Bro calebk... U sent to xin ming ? I saw liao.. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hmm? No I didn't. The person didn't get back to me. You mean my images are on their paper without my knowledge?

hi Calebk,

i re-posted your posting over at CSG - Accident Crash Revisit 2.0
http://www.celicasg.org/index.php?topic=29.msg45739#msg45739

it's a thread about accidents on Singapore Roads. Sometime to remind the CSG guys (including myself) to
slow down,
take it easy,
drive safe

on the roads.

z.

Okay bro. Thanks for the heads up.

Newpaper, page 10. i have it with me now. looks like yours.

Okay, will go and check. There was a SPH photographer present; might have been his shots, but I'll check anyway.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I saw those pics, but nv written who took it. U check it out.

Okay, will go and check. There was a SPH photographer present; might have been his shots, but I'll check anyway.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Fyi the story came out in Lian He Wan Bao pg 7 too. The photos are claimed to be contributed by reader: Du Xue Ren. Is it you?

Wow... you moved out of a brand new estate ! :what:

Yep, think stayed there for about 2 to 4 years? Can't remember already. Moved out around 1990. After that, the price for the flats there shot up. My parents probably lugi quite abit. :bsmilie:

I saw those pics, but nv written who took it. U check it out.

Fyi the story came out in Lian He Wan Bao pg 7 too. The photos are claimed to be contributed by reader: Du Xue Ren. Is it you?

Nope that's not me. I don't buy Lian He Wanbao so I didn't see it. Is it today's issue?

The picture in TNP is definitely not mine, but it looks to be what the SPH photographer shot (he was shooting from the middle of the road :bigeyes: ). I doubt they'd be able to get any of my photos because I didn't send any, and the ones I posted are very low res (800px long edge, 72dpi).

Last edited:
Frankly, I never pity the owners/drivers of both cars, especially car like that MR-S or of similar value and type. It would be good to see more of these cars getting accident and crashed out to unrecoverable state then removed from the road totally, than to see any of decent pedestrians got involved with them or injured.

People are damn rich nowaday to afford and repair them and also to get out of any kind trouble. But do they have the skill and character/behaviour to handle them while not creating troubles for others? Only the God will know and decide what to do. We have seen too much and it's enough!

OH! Sorry TS. Think you have put these photos here to share and not for comment on the accident. Well, they are definitely very well taken and in great details for us to appreciate how well damage those cars are. My personal feelling is "YES!" and "HURRAY!!!":bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

What if a close relative or close friend of yours had such a car and had a similar accident?
Would you show any pity? ::think:

But I agree with you nowadays ppl very rich .... poor ppl like us can only enjoy these kind of thrills http://www.rockstargames.com/midnightclubLA/:bsmilie:

What if a close relative or close friend of yours had such a car and had a similar accident?
Would you show any pity? ::think:

But I agree with you nowadays ppl very rich .... poor ppl like us can only enjoy these kind of thrills http://www.rockstargames.com/midnightclubLA/:bsmilie:

Of course, every accident is unfortunate. However, to be frank again, I will not pity them. I do have few relatives driving such cars, and I also know how they behave on the road. Well, they are rich of course. So, if they crash out, haha, why should I bother? They can pay for everything or even buy another one. To them, "as long as money can solve, it's never a problem." Trust me, many of the rich believe in that statement, consciously or sub-consciously.

Another recent case is that red WRX (drivers are my friend's friends)... do you pity them? Try and guess what they have inside the car engine? Or, think of what could be the cause? It's all human behaviour, and it's controllable as a driver to prevent and avoid that kind of accident.

But for a poor pedestrian who got nothing to do with them and get involved with their accident, all because of how they behave on the road, what do the poor pedestrain get in return?

Please note my point of view, taking the fact of how badly the cars are damaged, and the power to cause it by those fast and powerful cars, being the owner may be rich or just average.

Well, it's just my personal believe and share.
Cheers!

how come didnt take of TP policeman korkor? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.