'Capture the Moment' Photomarathon 2009 - Come test your skill as a Photographer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi cloboy,

I agreed with you if Young never take up photography competition is not fair with adult age.
Which i tell you When you was young wanted to take up photography competition but only adult. How you feel? angry or happy? Make sure balance young and happy. It good things to encourge young go to take up photography. :)

look at their R&R again..they also discount those 14 and below..:bsmilie:

and we just got a 14 yo who just bought a 50D..so i guess his photos cannot be entered right due to someone's perception that an age limit must be set?

even my nephew of all 4 years can use a PnS to take photos..

they should just have categories for different age group then.

4-10 / 11-16 / 17-infinity..

:angel:

just my two cents.. i rest my case.

I am not sure, They made up decided age limit. Because who take care of children. They are not responsibly to take loss of child. If lose child, yourself to right thing and not to report to complain. How we feel need to security child or ourself?

In our true life, just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Hi garagez,

After much discussion, the copyrights have been amended.

After all, we just wanted to reserves the right to use/reproduce the images submitted for any artistic or non-commercial purposes. The photographer will be duly acknowledged for his/her contribution without monetary compensation.

Sorry for any inconvenience cause!

Cheers!

thanz, at least u make an effort :thumbsup:
but still i'm senior citizen ...heheheh

cheers

Last edited:
This Photo Club is a newly formed Club because a few months ago, they were still looking for someone to head and form such a club in Geylang Seria CC.

Setting age limit for a photo competition is a form of discrimination against the more senior photographer and in this case also those that they felt too young to be in. Ironically, this competition comes from a CC operation and I thought it should be even more careful on setting such rules. The govt is encouraging employers not to rule out the senior and here we have photographers that are above 35 being out of this competition and it comes from a newly set up Club.

Could it be that this Club focus is to attract those between 14 and 35 years old to become their new member? The thoughts that this age group could be more productive in contributing to the Club growth? Whatever is the reason, criteria should only be restricted to either Student Category, Open Category and Professional Category....not age:nono:

First, I have no intention to take part in this competiton and my views on this was also shared by fellow CS members in this forum. You can disagree with our point of views but I think you need to be more courteous in your reply in this thread.:nono:

This is a photographic forum and the member here are free to give their views on issues concern with due respect. Who are you to tell the members here to stop such debates? I think the moderators should look into this matter as the remarks and tone of reply sounds personal.

I do not think anyone giving their views in this thread is against the young and thus do not distort the argunment here. In fact we felt that the age limit should not start only from 14 and above. It should be open to all students. So why are you distorting our views? BTW, I am sure most CS member would have problem understanding your argument through your expression of your statement make.

This not Club, Senior photographer already knowledge camera. The capture the moment photomarathon 2009 is different Club. If you not happy with age. Please go another website have competition. They already approved limit age. Next time, you can find another competition of different category.

Young important why reason : Study, work, help parent, support family, achieve, support singapore
Senior for Work, no need to study, no future.
there are different type of thing.

Which you prefer one?

Hi stor, I agree with you about student, open , professional category
They are first time to do age limit
You wanted to against young huh? You can't do that Young and adult have balance.
How you feel ?
No need complain, You can find another competition. why complain!?

haha...
passion card members got special price
but this photography session is only up to age 35.

but i know of someone at age 40 still holding on to a passion card.
so.... this is not in line with passion card members benefits isnt it??

I think they have this age limit of 15 to 35 is because they would require a min attendees who is in this age group for their BGM. IIRC, this age group is referred to as the youth group whom the YEC is targetting to reach out to.

omg wow i've been lurking here since yesterday and i think things are blown way out of proportions.

They set an age limit, get over it.
I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but since the organizers have planned and lay down the rules,
can we just abide by them?

If you fall into the age group and is interested, join.
If you aren't, then just respect their decision and support the event.

There's always other opportunities out there, I hope we can all give and take whilst embracing photography positively.

Last edited:
dont need to fret lah.. so may other contests to participate... age, sex, religion have nothing to do with photography. the photography contest is just a means/tools to achieve something and in this case, that something only applies to those within the specified age group..

Age group limit !!!!

Just like looking for some job that specified xx-xx of age, otherwise wait long long.

"Capture the moment" need young able to twist, lay flat an shoot. For those above 30 can join another group to the park to shoot birds (Take your time and shoot any moment).

15-30 ..... Happy shooting.. I'm out anyway.

I think maybe the organizers have the mentality that people above 35 years old are all professional, seasoned photographers and they shouldn't 'rob' the other photographers of a chance to win in a 'fun' competition.

I agreed with stanycjw and velasco. Stanycjw and Velasco are corrected way. Just respect their decision and support the event. :)

Why complain about age limt?
Lah you can go another event competiton.
EVERYONE MUST CLAIM DOWN AND YOU CAN GO ANOTHER EVENT COMPETITION.:sweat:

Last edited:
dissapointed;(, why i grow older? :bheart:
Its time someone orginised old bird Photomarathon 2009, age36-100++. All newbies fall in this age range are welcome too.lol.:bsmilie:

dissapointed;(, why i grow older? :bheart:
Its time someone orginised old bird Photomarathon 2009, age36-100++. All newbies fall in this age range are welcome too.lol.:bsmilie:

During senior citizen week maybe..and then the young ones will start complaining age has nothing to do with photography..:bsmilie:

The whole objective for this event is to reach out to young people, if I'm not wrong it coincides with Youth Day..that is why age starts from 15..

This not Club, Senior photographer already knowledge camera. The capture the moment photomarathon 2009 is different Club. If you not happy with age. Please go another website have competition. They already approved limit age. Next time, you can find another competition of different category.

Young important why reason : Study, work, help parent, support family, achieve, support singapore
Senior for Work, no need to study, no future.
there are different type of thing.

Which you prefer one?

Hi stor, I agree with you about student, open , professional category
They are first time to do age limit
You wanted to against young huh? You can't do that Young and adult have balance.
How you feel ?
No need complain, You can find another competition. why complain!?

Totally uncool reaction :thumbsd::nono:

Wah piangz...

I can't believe some of you guys who complain and complain. Whatever their reason, respect it! There are rules and regulations to everything. Why be unhappy? If you're not qualified or don't like what is being stipulated, then don't join. Why get worked up over a small sum of cash prize and goodies?

Or maybe Singapore really so deprived of photo competitions...?

i replied to dis thread earlier about the copyright issue, since the age limit seems to drag maybe about time to 'don't worry be happy'

cheers

Hi guys,

A few things to take note:

Yes, this event's main objective is to reach out to all youth age 14-35, we have no intention on discriminating anyone above/below this age. We truly understand photography have no boundaries no matter age, gender, religion. Sadly to say, we have already made our target group this time around and hope to get your out most understanding on any inconvenience cause.

However, we do heed your advice in regards to the age group and we will look into it and hopefully the next Capture the moment 2010 will be a bigger event where we can cater everyone into it.

Thanks for your advices and cheers for photography! :)

Last edited:
Hi tengyeow,

I have a question, I received an email stating the payment procedure. Is it possible to just pay on the day itself? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.