Canon vs nikon

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend is someone whom you can depend on in both good and bad times. They listen to you, encourage you, share your thoughts - but definitely not criticising what you own. Those aren't friends - just passer by in your life.

Hi,

Nikon more user-friendly in camera settings, when i take shots where there is a need to set WB, my auto-WB settle liao.

My friend using canon still need test shot and tune WB. My Nikon camera can auto correct CA, his cant. I have a dual dial which i can take faster manual shot, a keypad for adjusting my AF fast. They still need go back to interface!

If you really know your ergonomics well when you buy your camera. You should have no doubt, IQ wise no different as still depending on lenses and unless you going to super in depth, pixel creep those commercial pg does.

I am comparing my D90 with my phototaking buddy who uses Canon 500d. :) Please dont flame me! Its what i notice when we go out shooting.

A friend is someone whom you can depend on in both good and bad times. They listen to you, encourage you, share your thoughts - but definitely not criticising what you own. Those aren't friends - just passer by in your life.
agreed, not even can classify as 猪朋狗友,:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

ditch them.

Hi,

Nikon more user-friendly in camera settings, when i take shots where there is a need to set WB, my auto-WB settle liao.

My friend using canon still need test shot and tune WB. My Nikon camera can auto correct CA, his cant. I have a dual dial which i can take faster manual shot, a keypad for adjusting my AF fast. They still need go back to interface!

If you really know your ergonomics well when you buy your camera. You should have no doubt, IQ wise no different as still depending on lenses and unless you going to super in depth, pixel creep those commercial pg does.

I am comparing my D90 with my phototaking buddy who uses Canon 500d. :) Please dont flame me! Its what i notice when we go out shooting.

Alot of newbies went to buy 500D.. Why? because Canon marketing is better than Nikon.. :bsmilie: I almost fall into Canon advertising trap in the begining, luckily i do alot research before buying C or N.

If you like vibrant pic, Nikon is your choice.
If you like neutral pic, Canon is your choice.

You shoot with both cameras with vivid mode, nikon is more vibrant than canon.

The difference between the 2 basically is ergonomics and layout.
At the end of the day, besides the exposure, most settings can be tweaked PP.

Buy a Leica lol...oops!!!!

I've bought my nikon d90 2 weeks ago, yesterday took it out for shooting Christmas gathering party and the most demoralize thingy is so many of my friends criticise nikon cam and keep telling me about canon... I was like so irritating and there is nothing i could do. Is nikon really that bad?
Nothing to do with whether Nikon is better than Canon or the other way.

Hope you are just suffering from buyers' remorse and nothing more serious.

Wiki:
Buyer's remorse is an emotional condition whereby a person feels remorse or regret after a purchase. It is frequently associated with the purchase of higher value items which could be considered unnecessary although it may also stem from a sense of not wishing to be "wrong".
In an extreme situation, an individual who struggles with or cannot accept the possibility that they may have made a mistake, may be suffering from a more serious and severe condition[clarification needed] that has little to do with "buyer's remorse".

I've bought my nikon d90 2 weeks ago, yesterday took it out for shooting Christmas gathering party and the most demoralize thingy is so many of my friends criticise nikon cam and keep telling me about canon... I was like so irritating and there is nothing i could do. Is nikon really that bad?
There are no bad cameras, just bad photograpers ... at least 99.99% of the time. :)
Both Nikon and Canon make good cameras, just go out and enjoy shooting.
Cheers.

Yala yala, and my schnitzel wiener is fatter than his.

Don't care about the tools. Just care about your shots.

your friends are childish. and for you, you are kinda dumb to listen to them. period.

Hey TS, if they start criticizing your galfriend & say their galfriends are much better, so do you ditch your galfriend & take over their galfriends :dunno: ? Everybody has their own opinions & likings. If after you switch over to Canon & someone came & criticizing your Canon & say Seagull is better than Canon, then you switch again? Do your best with what you have, Go take better shots then them, maybe they'll switch to Nikon after seeing your shots. Don't be demoralized. Period ;)

BTW what EOS model your frenx using? I will only agree 7D and above is better than D90. Below 7D, pls ask ur frenz stand aside. Your D90 is their daddy.

Really? Is the D90 that good? I thought it's meant to be a high end entry level camera from Nikon? A 500D would be a more suitable comparison. If you want to compare using 7D, then you should use the Nikon D300s to compare. How about 40D and 50D? Worse than D90? :dunno:

Maybe your friends are using C and want you to join them...
Or want to cover up the cons of C, so they make hell of noise...(sometimes ppl make noise as smoke bomb)...

I suggest - Just enjoy with what you have.
Like what many have been said many many times; it is the man behind the camera.

If you treat it as a hobby and skill(otherwise just use full auto just like pns), then make full use of the features and take pictures which can give you fun and enjoyment.
Your camera is for you to enjoy and not for your friends (unless showing your friends what camera you have is your enjoyment).

Recently, you will notice other brands of camera catching up with the famous brands like canon and nikon (the top 2 brands) eg.
For PNS - the Panasonic LX3 does a very good job in the prosumer level.
For the entry level dslr - the Pentax K-x had a very good review by dpreview recently and
will likely to improve in their ranking over the more famous brands based on the positive
feedback from many.
For the M4/3 -you hear about Olympus EP1/2, Panasonic GF1.

I foresee each of the smaller camera manufacturers going for a special niche in certain segment of the market.

This will dilute the preception/image of the top 2.

Both Canon and Nikon made good camera...
Since you had made your choice on D90 just stick with your choice and enjoy what you have.

BTW what EOS model your frenx using? I will only agree 7D and above is better than D90. Below 7D, pls ask ur frenz stand aside. Your D90 is their daddy.

I dun agree on this. Canon X00D series are good entries level DSLR and are capable of taking good images... Is really depend on how you use it...

Seeing is believing do a search around this forum and flickr and you can see a lot of good pics taken from X00D series.

Last edited:
I tot usually it is the camera that is confused by the photographer.

LOL good one..
And if Avril lavigne & Ken watanabe uses it, then it must be good!...
(heehee, pardon me Canon friends...)

Hmm, actually hor, does Nikon has any star promoting for them?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.