Canon Powershot G7X

S$799 also happens to be the RRP for G1X. Which will you guys choose? Larger sensor with slower lens or smaller sensor with faster lens?

latest technology wins..

Think retailers are stocking up already. Alan Photo has stocks in their store, 729 cash payment, 8gb sd card. Extremely tempting..

I feel this camera is going to sell very well. I'm quite certain to get one, just a matter of when.

Got a quote from TK at slighly lower price.
Will wait for more review.

It's only comparable to the mk2

I am sorry... I don't know how you get this conclusion. The G7X had a significantly faster lens than the RX100mkII, it has a longer focal range as compared to RX100mkII, it has a touch screen while RX100mkII doesn't has (to many, it makes a difference)... the only thing that I see that the mkII is better is that mkII had a hotshoe.

As for the RX100mkIII, now we might see a closer competition. The only thing that RX100III won (in my opinion) is the build in viewfinder... other than that, I really didn't see anything else. Heck... the focal range on the G7X (with its very fast aperture) might even be a better selling point as compared to the RX100mkIII.

it has a touch screen while RX100mkII doesn't has (to many, it makes a difference)...

In my books, touchscreen is VERY important for p&s cameras 'cos it's difficult to operate the cameras (e.g., change AF point) with their tiny buttons.

That is why among Sony RX100M3, Panasonic LX100 and Canon G7X, the last option is most attractive for me.

But I am still debating if I should wait for EOS-M3 (hopefully with DPAF and EVF) or get the G7X now. :think:

Last edited:
In my books, touchscreen is VERY important for p&s cameras 'cos it's difficult to operate the cameras (e.g., change AF point) with their tiny buttons.

That is why among Sony RX100M3, Panasonic LX100 and Canon G7X, the last option is most attractive for me.

But I am still debating if I should wait for EOS-M3 (hopefully with DPAF and EVF) or get the G7X now. :think:

Amen to that. I am growing more and more attracted to that camera... sure... there is quite a number of items I wishes... but if Canon put all those in, it will not be selling at that price.

I'm pretty much the same... but not seeing much movements for EOS-M series.

Today I just went funan song brother, they quote me $695, very tempted to buy... Just waiting for more review.

Wonder if canon will include g7x in the privilege program soon. Will be one more reason for me to buy.

My bad, I didn't recall the specs correctly. But the feeling I had when the g7x came out was that it resembles the mk2 in many aspects, except the lens aperture (although it's a very critical factor). One can't deny the fact that the mk3 is very revolutionary in that it has the pop up viewfinder, which made it quite unequalled, both in features and price. That was why I felt gx7 compares more towards the mk2.

Regardless, all are capable cameras in their own rights, and they will all find their own market. I personally also think the g7x is very gd and well worth the price 👍

Today I just went funan song brother, they quote me $695, very tempted to buy... Just waiting for more review.

That's even more tempting. why the price keeps getting lower everyday. as launched with "early bird" price.

May be led into buying soon LD

Wonder if canon will include g7x in the privilege program soon. Will be one more reason for me to buy.

Just checked with CSC, it's already in PPP, but "out of stock" and Marketing says "1-2 months" order wait time. 20.5% off RRP.

Just checked with CSC, it's already in PPP, but "out of stock" and Marketing says "1-2 months" order wait time. 20.5% off RRP.

Wow. Awesome. Thanks for the information! I am looking around 630. I wonder if shops like ms color or tk foto can offer g7x with PPP. Probably drop them a call for quotes.

Parisilk offering 703 with 16gb card....

Just came back from Funan and tested the G7X.

Very well built, Made in Japan quality. Similar quality like the G1X Mk II.

However, one of my regular shops mentioned that they have a few customers who came back to return their sets - some due to error messages appearing, some due to lens alignment issues. Not sure how many sets with this error, but that was what the shop claims. This is my trusted shop, so should be true.

Any users here having any issues with their sets?