Canon Photographer of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
This long weekend would be good for me to experiment with some creative water shots! By hey... some of the shots for this month are seriously good! The standards really picked up once it's no longer a "popularity" contest! :bsmilie:

www.digitaldreams.com.sg/poty

I think... there still are some double posting by a single photog using different names, perhaps that of bro's or sis's or dad's or mom's or grandma's.... maybe I'm wrong.. but some of the shots look very very similar.. and have similar surname doesn't help suppress my suspicion. but please do urself a favour.. and post different shots. what good is there when you have two very similar shot in the same competition? I would have gone on a completely different tack and try something different.

eg. the one by...

By Teo Soon Lee with EOS 40D and datson teo with EOS 40D (at least use a diff water beaker if you really like that shot)

I think... there still are some double posting by a single photog using different names, perhaps that of bro's or sis's or dad's or mom's or grandma's.... maybe I'm wrong.. but some of the shots look very very similar.. and have similar surname doesn't help suppress my suspicion. but please do urself a favour.. and post different shots. what good is there when you have two very similar shot in the same competition? I would have gone on a completely different tack and try something different.

eg. the one by...

By Teo Soon Lee with EOS 40D and datson teo with EOS 40D (at least use a diff water beaker if you really like that shot)

Why can't it be the brothers/sisters from the same family who want to participate in the same competition?:think:

eg. the one by...

It doesn't really matter if the same person enters under different names, its not like they can add the scores from each different person. And given that they would have to be consistently good for the whole 12 months in only one of "names" what does it matter?

Are you suggesting that Canon ask for photographs and copies of ID before entry?

Why can't it be the brothers/sisters from the same family who want to participate in the same competition?:think:

I don't think that he's saying cannot...but at least shoot a different subject mar...kekeke...

Maybe I should submit my other droplet under a different name too! heh :bsmilie:

just out of curiosity, how is the winning photographs selected? eg. people's vote?(where to vote?), judges?

just out of curiosity, how is the winning photographs selected? eg. people's vote?(where to vote?), judges?

selected by a panel of judges as stated in the T&C.

See the beginning of the thread. Canon tried to have the photographic community vote for their peers, but discovered that there were some less deserving photos garnering significant votes. So in the end, they had to take away the voting rights and revert back to the traditional voting by judges.

The upside is... the April photos seem to be of higher quality! I think more photographers are now drawn to the contest. :)

How to vote?

Closing this thread as it has gone way OT. This subforum is for mainly announcements only, please continue any further discussions in the relevant subforums. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.