Canon Photo Marathon Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done. Registered liao...

This is my 2nd time in this competition....last year quite 'shack'.....had 4 themes and had to suffer the dreaded HAZE!!

If the themes are different, you wun have the time to do both themes within the 3 hours! :bsmilie:

Seriously, I dun think you're allowed to enter both categories... just focus on one category and give it your best! :)

Hi

For this year, there will be only three themes:

Participants must be present to receive the assignment themes at the following times (approximately 3 hours/theme):
· 1st assignment: 0900hrs
· 2nd assignment: 1200hrs
· 3rd assignment: 1500hrs

And one point to note: In order to be eligible for the "Best of Show", participants must complete all 3 assignments.:)

ah this subject's thread is here. Hehe
thought it might be in "kopitiam"

hihi to every participant here. i signed up today too.
this will be my first ever photo competiton joined. :)

anybody has links to past photomarathon photos for singapore? :lovegrin:

Last year the grand prize is better 30D, this year only got 400D should have 40D as the grand prize mah....:bsmilie:

err, i think the grand prize is 40D kit and a japan trip

ah good, im non-canon user. :bsmilie:

any tips for first-timers? :)

There's a seminar by John Crosgrove on the 13th of Oct, and he'll be covering some tips on getting the best photos. Just check on the PhotoMarathon website under the "seminar" section... Good to catch some tips on "seeing the image".

There is a clause under the T&C - "Images are not to be altered by any image editing software."

Does that mean all submitted entries must be straight out of your camera? Not even cropping(assuming the availability of a laptop) or a simple auto levels adjustment?

Anyone here can clarify?

yea, no crop or levels as per last photomarathon i would tink, set your cam to optimum jpg output.

There is a clause under the T&C - "Images are not to be altered by any image editing software."

Does that mean all submitted entries must be straight out of your camera? Not even cropping(assuming the availability of a laptop) or a simple auto levels adjustment?

Anyone here can clarify?

u will see ppl who shoot in raw editing pics with laptops

yea, no crop or levels as per last photomarathon i would tink, set your cam to optimum jpg output.

I guess the T&C will make me think harder about composition through the viewfinder, which is actually for the better. :D

Thanks for replying so fast!

u will see ppl who shoot in raw editing pics with laptops

Is that actually "legal"? Sorry, I am not experienced in this competition, so quite a bit of questions.

Without the choice of editing, I can only see the laptop being helpful if I want to select which pictures I want to submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.