CANON EOS 5D3: What accessories did you get for this camera?

Get the right lenses to pair with this awesome camera lor.

Sigma 35mm f/1.4
Sigma 50mm f/1.4
Sigma 85mm f/1.4
Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 VC

errrrr the Canon 50mm f/1.4 nd Canon 85mm f/1.8 no match for the Sigma????? :dunno::embrass:

N-user said:
errrrr the Canon 50mm f/1.4 nd Canon 85mm f/1.8 no match for the Sigma????? :dunno::embrass:

It is up the the photographer to decide. I have never thought highly of the Canon 50mm lenses and the older Nikon D-series AF 50mm lenses.

It is up the the photographer to decide. I have never thought highly of the Canon 50mm lenses and the older Nikon D-series AF 50mm lenses.

Hokie Bro... thanks for the info..... considering the Prime setup if I do get the FF cam....

Either Hadley Pro or Hadley Large. Still not decided on whether it should be Khaki or Black though.

the Hadley series can't really hold much. even if you stuff it to the brim, eventually your shoulders will give way.

i have a Hadley Pro and it fits my E-M5 + 3 lenses and accessories, with space to spare. the same however can't be said for my 5DMK3(no grip), because i can only put the body + lens(no telephoto) + another lens/flash. the rest of the space is used for cleaning kit, memory cards, batteries etc. there is barely enough space for my lens hoods and the overall weight is a bummer.

my friend who owns the Hadley Large for his Sony DSLR, carried his gears for quite a while in the sling bag and eventually went for a Thinktank Streetwalker Pro. the weight is just unbearable for long hours.

something for you to consider.

Accessories doesn't really help u get the shots, so dun need buy any.

Instead u should be looking at lenses. At a bare minimum, u will need all the following:
1200mm f/5.6L
800mm f/5.6L
600mm f/4L
500mm f/4L
400mm f/2.8L
300mm f/2.8L
200mm f/2L
70-200mm f/2.8L
16-35mm f/2.8L
85mm f/1.2L
24mm f/1.4L
14mm f/2.8L

Since u are using 5D3, u have been auto upgraded to elite area, so only the lenses above are fit for the 5D3... From now on, remember: no L, dont buy, dont use.

devilry said:

Instead u should be looking at lenses. At a bare minimum, u will need all the following:
1200mm f/5.6L
800mm f/5.6L
600mm f/4L
500mm f/4L
400mm f/2.8L
300mm f/2.8L
200mm f/2L
70-200mm f/2.8L
16-35mm f/2.8L
85mm f/1.2L
24mm f/1.4L
14mm f/2.8L

Since u are using 5D3, u have been auto upgraded to elite area, so only the lenses above are fit for the 5D3... From now on, remember: no L, dont buy, dont use.

Why not just linking the whole lens catalogue directly?

1200mm f/5.6L
800mm f/5.6L
600mm f/4L
500mm f/4L
400mm f/2.8L
300mm f/2.8L
200mm f/2L
70-200mm f/2.8L
16-35mm f/2.8L
85mm f/1.2L
24mm f/1.4L
14mm f/2.8L

No 24-70mm f/2.8L ?.....how can!

Where did you buy the Lexar UDMA 7 card and how much did you pay?

Got it from a fellow forumer.

1200mm f/5.6L
800mm f/5.6L
600mm f/4L
500mm f/4L
400mm f/2.8L
300mm f/2.8L
200mm f/2L
70-200mm f/2.8L
16-35mm f/2.8L
85mm f/1.2L
24mm f/1.4L
14mm f/2.8L

Any banker here willing to finance a poor photographer? Will repay with principle, interest and 100 photos every month : )

the Hadley series can't really hold much. even if you stuff it to the brim, eventually your shoulders will give way.

i have a Hadley Pro and it fits my E-M5 + 3 lenses and accessories, with space to spare. the same however can't be said for my 5DMK3(no grip), because i can only put the body + lens(no telephoto) + another lens/flash. the rest of the space is used for cleaning kit, memory cards, batteries etc. there is barely enough space for my lens hoods and the overall weight is a bummer.

my friend who owns the Hadley Large for his Sony DSLR, carried his gears for quite a while in the sling bag and eventually went for a Thinktank Streetwalker Pro. the weight is just unbearable for long hours.

something for you to consider.

Thanks for the tip. I usually choose to shoot either with my 17-40 or 24-70 and/or one of my primes 90% of the time. As such I don't want too big a bag to bring along. When the occasion calls for it, I will bring my camera backpack.

Btw, this thread is started to check with fellow 5D3 users what accessories they are using with their 5D3 - not looking for suggestions from others to accessorize my camera.

There may be new users like me who wish to learn from experienced 5D3 users so that I don't end up buying the wrong or useless stuff.

So here's the list of accessories for my camera I have gotten so far:

Lenses: Some L lenses (from my previous Canon bodies)
Grip: BG-E11
Flash: 580EX II
Memory Cards: Lexar 32gb 1000x
Camera Strap: Original Canon package (looking for new strap)
Bag: Billingham Hadley Pro, Hadley Large and Lowepro AW backpack
Screen Protector: GGS

I'm not considering camera straps such as Black Rapid as I'm afraid of the metal parts of the strap will scratch the camera or lens body.

Fellow 5D3 users, do share your accessories list.

fotou said:
I'm not considering camera straps such as Black Rapid as I'm afraid of the metal parts of the strap will scratch the camera or lens body.
Are you serious? ;)

Btw, this thread is started to check with fellow 5D3 users what accessories they are using with their 5D3 - not looking for suggestions from others to accessorize my camera.

There may be new users like me who wish to learn from experienced 5D3 users so that I don't end up buying the wrong or useless stuff.

Camera Strap: Original Canon package (looking for new strap)

The Canon Showroom at Vivo has a limited supply of alternative Canon straps. I bought a black coloured strap from them about two years ago which I find is a little more comfortable than the standard one they provide with the camera body. You may try your luck there and see what they have.

Get a CarrySpeed strap then. The Black Rapids never impressed me much.

Then again, I treat my camera in ways that would leave most people frothing in their mouths.

Last edited:
This reason of scratching was why I bought the sun sniper version.

My updated 5D3 accessories list:

Lenses: Some L lenses
Camera Strap: Crumpler Convenient Disgrace - until I find a better one :)

5D3 users, kindly share your accessories or equipment list. There may be new users like me who wish to learn from experienced 5D3 users so that I don't end up buying the wrong or useless stuff.

fotou said:
My updated 5D3 accessories list:

Lenses: Some L lenses
Camera Strap: Crumpler Convenient Disgrace - until I find a better one :)

5D3 users, kindly share your accessories or equipment list. There may be new users like me who wish to learn from experienced 5D3 users so that I don't end up buying the wrong or useless stuff.

I'd skip the battery grip.

Got the 5D Mark III last month to complement my EOS-Conurus converted Contax N - Carl Zeiss lenses; such as
N50 f1.4, N85 f1.4, N100 Macro f2.8, N17-35 f2.8, N24-85, N28-80, N70-200 and N70-300. Still keeping the EF16-35L II, EF70-200L f2.8 and EF100L Macro for my wife's use.

Grip: Nil
Flash: a couple of Yongnuo speedlites (to play with Pixel Knight wireless triggers)
Memory Cards: a couple of 16gb Sandisk Extreme Pro UDMA 7
Camera Strap: Carryspeed Sling and wrist strap
Bags: no brand slingbag and backpack
Screen Protector: a simple $5 protector
Filters: Tianya ND and GND