Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM Lens and Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwrpufguy

Jun 10, 2008
hi peeps, im new here :)

ive juz checked the price of this 2 lenses and the difference is like 1k (2.9k and 1.9k)

does IS makes very much of a difference? izit worth the additional 1k?
would like to hear from personal experience or comments, thx alot!

depends on whether you really need it.If u got $ go might as well go for is.No $ get non-is.
simple!

hate to repeat, but it really does depend on what you are going shoot... if you need the flexibility to be mobile, the IS is invaluable. if you can setup some make shift "shooting position" (be it tripod, wall, or someone's shoulder), you can afford to save the $1k on the non-IS version.

controlling our cam handheld at 200mm without IS can be pretty difficult, even if you can get high shutter speeds exceeding 1/250.

hi, sry i didnt go into details of what i prefer to shoot.
im using the canon 400D wif kit lens and i frequently go to autograph session (签唱会) and concert of varies artist to take photos.
i have been seeing photos taken by lots of ppl in this forum for quite sometime using this lens and they turn out much better than those i hav took, thus i begin saving money since the beginning of the year.

other than that i also like to take potraits of other ppl, but dare not approach them :p
not to exclude landscape as well

worth it. period. esp. if you can't bring a mono/tripod into the concert.

if you get the non-IS, you will itch to think whether you should actually bought the IS-ed in the first place.

do a search in canon subforum, you should see some similar discussions.

don't buy this lens just becuz it's legendary. go and try it for yourself... the weight might shock you

worth it. period. esp. if you can't bring a mono/tripod into the concert.

if you get the non-IS, you will itch to think whether you should actually bought the IS-ed in the first place.

do a search in canon subforum, you should see some similar discussions.

don't buy this lens just becuz it's legendary. go and try it for yourself... the weight might shock you

hi mum

thx for the advise, i have look thru several reviews and just asked my professional fren regarding this issue.
he advised me to think thrice, wif explaination of cos... =\

I bought the EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L non IS.
Save the 1k+ for another lens...;)

Or can consider getting 70-200 F4 IS instead. Gives you more mobility.

Hi..

There isn't a lens to get all the action.

For landscape you might be more interested in wide angle lenses. For Canon it will be 16-35 f/2.8 L or 17-40 f/4 L. Non L series EF-S 10-22 or 17-55.

For portrait lenses are predominated by the few. 50 mm f/1.2,f/1.4, 85mm f/1.2,f1.8, 135mm f/2.

If you are getting the lens for low lighting like concert that would be good with a tripod/monopod as well.

Know what you need and not what you want. :)

hi all, thx for the advise that u guys gave :)
actually i have been reading up reviews in sites and this forum.. still cant really decide though :\

i dunno if im up to it for using a prime lens, cos im not used to it, haha.. but i heard its better, quality wise

Goldenstars: *envy* how was it? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.