Canon and Nikon quality lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to add on a bit, most of the current kit lenses are G lenses...

as from what i had read from various websites... Nikon used to put gold ring on IF-ED lenses only... but nowadays seems like the Gold Ring definition is a little bit blurred... e.g. 14-24mm and 24-70mm are not having real IF design but still having the gold rings...

G lenses are cheaper to make mah. ;)

agreed...

Creating this "L" series of lenses just breeds class-consciousness, which goes against the "it's not the camera/lens, it's the photographer" train of thought.

Actually I would think Canon marketing did a pretty good job with this L thinggy. Issin it wat they want. ( not necessary what we want .. or dun we )

Nikon has their quality pro lenses too. Just that it might not be so immediately differentiated for the uninitiated :bsmilie:

ryan

Actually I would think Canon marketing did a pretty good job with this L thinggy. Issin it wat they want. ( not necessary what we want .. or dun we )

Nikon has their quality pro lenses too. Just that it might not be so immediately differentiated for the uninitiated :bsmilie:

ryan

Elitism is the only way to go in SG, to make something successful. ;)

jaRv1s said:
just to add on a bit, most of the current kit lenses are G lenses...

as from what i had read from various websites... Nikon used to put gold ring on IF-ED lenses only... but nowadays seems like the Gold Ring definition is a little bit blurred... e.g. 14-24mm and 24-70mm are not having real IF design but still having the gold rings...

G lenses are cheaper to make mah. ;)

Actually..... ALL of the DX lenses that Nikon makes are AF-S and G... well, that's from the Nikon website line-up of lenses, which I believe to be definitive.
Makes sense.
If it's DX, it's for a DSLR, which definitely has aperture control.
Interesting to note that all of them are AF-S too, which seems to indicate the direction that Nikon is taking.

Nikon has the trinity from matrix!

12-24 f2.8
24-70 f2.8 (Morpheus - so fat)
70-200 f2.8 (Oracle - see far)

& D3 (NEO)

not to forget also 17-55 f2.8

and also the aliens - most expensive nikon lens
12001700mmview.jpg

1200-1700mm cannon

seriously i find names of all camera sucky.
nikon has d somthing
canon has something d - such creative names between nikon and canon
pentax has k something
oly has e smth
sony has A smth.
even leica is M smth =_=

they should give better names
apple call their os snow leopards
nike has basketball shoes call jorden
cars have things like evo, fair lady etc etc

seriously i find names of all camera sucky.
nikon has d somthing
canon has something d - such creative names between nikon and canon
pentax has k something
oly has e smth
sony has A smth.
even leica is M smth =_=

they should give better names
apple call their os snow leopards
nike has basketball shoes call jorden
cars have things like evo, fair lady etc etc

Go too crazy with model names, people might not buy it. It is called product line differentiation confusion. The numbers actually help to reinforce the line up, giving people the sense of the different segments each model is targeted at.

Go too crazy with model names, people might not buy it. It is called product line differentiation confusion. The numbers actually help to reinforce the line up, giving people the sense of the different segments each model is targeted at.

True, i get REALLY confused with compact camera models :sweat:

Elitism is the only way to go in SG, to make something successful. ;)

Now we all aspire to live in 'L' housing estates, send our kids to 'L' schools, etc? :D

Nikon has the trinity from matrix!

12-24 f2.8
24-70 f2.8 (Morpheus - so fat)
70-200 f2.8 (Oracle - see far)

& D3 (NEO)

not to forget also 17-55 f2.8

and also the aliens - most expensive nikon lens
12001700mmview.jpg

1200-1700mm cannon

OMG!!!! I nv knew such a lens exsisted!!!! I think for the amount to pay for this lens i can buy a small car already ba hahahahaha anyway for Nikon i trust the old Japan made ones compared to the newer ones which are made in china and thailand. I have this old 80-200mm which cost me like only 65 bucks 2nd hand and it's sharper then most of the newer lens i have. Best buy i ever made siah kekekeke

Status
Not open for further replies.