Canon 550D VS Nikon 3100

Friends, there's is no need for such sarcastic remarks. Whether he saw a lot of Nikon or Canon posters that lead him to express a regret you and I don't know. If you wish you can continue with your wild imaginations. Personally I feel this thread has turned into a thread for poking fun at others which is regretable.

You may see it as sarcasm.

But all I see here is humor.

Try to lighten up once in a while. ;)

TS should just buy a k-x or k-r.

To TS,

If you concern your personel image, newbie and common folks will see you use pentax and think it must be some cheap brands.

However, amatures and pros will think you know what you are doing and spending the best out of your $.

Friends, there's is no need for such sarcastic remarks. Whether he saw a lot of Nikon or Canon posters that lead him to express a regret you and I don't know. If you wish you can continue with your wild imaginations. Personally I feel this thread has turned into a thread for poking fun at others which is regretable.
No la. Not trying to be sarcastic.

apologies if the comment(s) gave you that impression.
Trying to lighten up a gloomy Monday.

TS should just buy a k-x or k-r.

To TS,

If you concern your personel image, newbie and common folks will see you use pentax and think it must be some cheap brands.

However, amatures and pros will think you know what you are doing and spending the best out of your $.

:sweat::sweat::sweat:

If there's so much furore over a choice between Canon, Nikon and Pentax...

Get an Olympus :angel:

LOL.... I guess it really doesn't matter about the brand... lol more like the person himself... lol Just to a bit research on Pentax as advise by some of you. Find out more info regarding to this camera. I understand why you guys suggest me this options the price is affordable and the reviews was very positive. I guess i need a hands on experience to try out the camera... coz somehow i like the feeling when i holding on 550D compare to nikno D3100 no offence both are good camera just that the feeling for my hand feels different. lol...

frankly speaking, 2 years ago, i only know of canon and nikon. i didn't even know sony got DSLR, let alone say brand like pentax..

frankly speaking, 2 years ago, i only know of canon and nikon. i didn't even know sony got DSLR, let alone say brand like pentax..

Sony took over Konica-Minolta DSLR division in 2005. First Sony alpha was launched only in 2006, the A-100. Followed quickly with the A-700 in 2007. In 2008, it launched 3 models.

Between 2006 and 2008, it became the fastest growing company in the DSLR market. By 2008 it has 3rd largest market share in the DSLR market with 13% market share.

So frankly speaking, Sony Alpha was still very new in early 2008. Which probably explains why you never heard about them.

But seriously, the technology was good as it came from Minolta, a company with some very strong histroy in film SLRs, and several strong DSLR models. Minolta was the company to first introduce an entire Autofocus SLR system to the market back in the day, when everyone else was still on manual focus.

Last edited:
LOL.... I guess it really doesn't matter about the brand... lol more like the person himself... lol Just to a bit research on Pentax as advise by some of you. Find out more info regarding to this camera. I understand why you guys suggest me this options the price is affordable and the reviews was very positive. I guess i need a hands on experience to try out the camera... coz somehow i like the feeling when i holding on 550D compare to nikno D3100 no offence both are good camera just that the feeling for my hand feels different. lol...

that's a good start. At least you have tried both out, and one of them has "called out" to you. You should do the same with others, like Pentax K-x, K-r, etc, as well as other brands even.

buddy, you can't just compare a much higher-end entry-level 550D with a beginner-level 3100D. the 3100D is more of to the 500D or 1000D
well, if you looking for much worthy buy for your bucks, i suggest go for the 550D :)

Sony took over Konica-Minolta DSLR division in 2005. First Sony alpha was launched only in 2006, the A-100. Followed quickly with the A-700 in 2007. In 2008, it launched 3 models.

Between 2006 and 2008, it became the fastest growing company in the DSLR market. By 2008 it has 3rd largest market share in the DSLR market with 13% market share.

So frankly speaking, Sony Alpha was still very new in early 2008. Which probably explains why you never heard about them.

But seriously, the technology was good as it came from Minolta, a company with some very strong histroy in film SLRs, and several strong DSLR models. Minolta was the company to first introduce an entire Autofocus SLR system to the market back in the day, when everyone else was still on manual focus.

Thats the exact reason why i went for sony! i was blasted with comments like "go for canon and nikon and you will never go wrong".. luckily i did my own research and get to know of minolta as well as sony..

Thats the exact reason why i went for sony! i was blasted with comments like "go for canon and nikon and you will never go wrong".. luckily i did my own research and get to know of minolta as well as sony..

good for you. sony does makes great camera these days. their SLT cameras really fascinating :D

good for you. sony does makes great camera these days. their SLT cameras really fascinating :D

maybe i sound abit wrong when i say luckily.. i don't meant that canonikon is not good, they are great too... but often, people don't know they are many other great camera makers.. some model even surpass the C & N for the same price..

Why are you listing my cameras? :cry:

because the other time you were telling me about the time you got locked up in a sony style shop with posters all over the wall for 7 days and 7 nights. :bsmilie: