Canon 550D vs Canon 60D

Sandara Park

Nov 20, 2010
im considering to buy a new dslr.. 550D and 60D are my options as they both meet my budget and need.. so which one you guys recommand?

Hi,
im considering to buy a new dslr.. 550D and 60D are my options as they both meet my budget and need.. so which one you guys recommand?
Then just get the 60D.

Have a nice day.

If you need the extra features on the 60D, then get it. Price not that different anyway. :)
If you dont then save the money to get something else

The important difference to me are:
1) Vari-angle, 3.0” (7.7cm), 3:2 ratio, 1.04 million dot LCD
2) higher 5.3 fps (550D has 3.7 fps)
3) Weather sealing

Photo information is on the top of the 60D. I actually prefer it on the back LCD of the 550D.

I'd suggest going to the Canon showroom at Vivo (second floor, near Challenger) and getting a feel for each model. Consider the difference in features, as well as the weight and grip. Decide what's more important to you.

I ended up getting the 550D cos it felt more comfortable. Plus, it's lighter.

I'd suggest going to the Canon showroom at Vivo (second floor, near Challenger) and getting a feel for each model. Consider the difference in features, as well as the weight and grip. Decide what's more important to you.

I ended up getting the 550D cos it felt more comfortable. Plus, it's lighter.

Yes, try it out could be a better idea.
And, even 550D is just about, say 80g? lighter then 60D, it will make you feel lighter. Good for those prefer light (for travel)...