Canon 30D Or Nikon D80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, the TS is the one who says the price is near.. I am very sure of the D80's price but I am not sure about the price of 30D nw..:dunno: Supposedly its near, then just get the one which feels best to u..:)

imho price is not near... d80 kit (with the 18-135) cost slightly higher than 30d body only... that lens is worth 400-500bucks, so definitely not near.

Bro, the TS is the one who says the price is near.. I am very sure of the D80's price but I am not sure about the price of 30D nw..:dunno: Supposedly its near, then just get the one which feels best to u..:)

haha then that would be a good info for ts... 30d body is around 2k+ while d80 is 1.5k+... a pretty big different imho.

I am a Nikon user, but I would opt for 30D over D80... :)

nikon supporter will modify the argument to tell u to get nikon d200 but then again since eos 30d is cheaper than nikon d200 therefore the conclusion still goes back to eos 30d.

specswise bit by bit nikon d80 is inferior to eos 30d.

get the 30D...will not regret one...

got L lens to complement the 30D body...

Okey Guys... Got The 30D.... Thanks For Your Great Advice.... It Was A Hard Choice But I Decided To Stick Wth Canon... ;)

Congratulations on a good decision :) Have you had a chance to play with your new toy? Did you invest in any L glass?

Hehehe..., but Pentax doesn't have Nikon and Canon have ==> Crowd :bsmilie: .

Go with the crowd, you can't go wrong...

Regards,
Arto.

can anyone say .. lemmings? ;)

D80 cant match with VR lens? :dunno:
but i must agreee 30D works v.well with a L lens ;)

I bought my D80 with the 18-200 zoom with VR. The lens is performing flawlessly and it is the main reason why I chose the Nikon over the Canon because I need a great multi-purpose lens and Canon doesn't have one that is as versatile.

Guys,

I guess it was kind that everyone offered your views so much so at the end of the day the requestor still has to decide for himself/herself(same as my case). The more views were offered the more confusion.
I still think that the best way was to get to know the club guys and have a try on the cameras. That way, the feel is really different. I tried the cameras during exhibition and it was a good experience with the feel and useage.
I guess the 2 main reasons many newbies have are shyness and not knowing/having any friends that play camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.