Cannot register 60D serial number online

eostty

Oct 7, 2010
Today I bought 60D from Parisilk Holland Village. I tried to register the camera for warranty online. I have an error from Canon website - unrecognized serial number. The number on the camera, box and warranty card tallies. Does anyone know what is the problem here and what can be done? I intend to call up Canon the next day. Many thanks in advance for your comments and thoughts.

Today I bought 60D from Parisilk Holland Village. I tried to register the camera for warranty online. I have an error from Canon website - unrecognized serial number. The number on the camera, box and warranty card tallies. Does anyone know what is the problem here and what can be done? I intend to call up Canon the next day. Many thanks in advance for your comments and thoughts.

If this is true and you did it correctly..you could have gotten a imported set unless Canon Singapore missed it out in their inventory data. Unless, Parisilk warranty it on their own much like DDelectronics.

i got at sitex registered yesterday night around 11pm no pbm with canon site...how much parissilk sell? freebies?

Any updates? :)

Any updates on the registration? Better call Canon or go back Parisilk to check...

Last edited:
Hi all,
Thanks to all who have replied.

For closure, Canon informed me that the 60D I bought is a new stock and Canon has not loaded the serial numbers into their system. I just tried about 10 mins ago, the Canon website is now updated and I am able to register online.

This is an indication that this 60D is quite a big seller, stocks moving faster than the back-end Canon folks can handle!

Hi senser,
I got the 60D for $1407 nett at Parisilk. Body only. Freebies are 8G class 4 SDHC and EOS Messenger bag.

Hi all,
Thanks to all who have replied.

For closure, Canon informed me that the 60D I bought is a new stock and Canon has not loaded the serial numbers into their system. I just tried about 10 mins ago, the Canon website is now updated and I am able to register online.

This is an indication that this 60D is quite a big seller, stocks moving faster than the back-end Canon folks can handle!

Hi senser,
I got the 60D for $1407 nett at Parisilk. Body only. Freebies are 8G class 4 SDHC and EOS Messenger bag.
That great. Issue settle.
Brought my from HN, registered online already.
Very happy with the set. Newbie here.

:thumbsup: great that all is settled... maybe can meet for shoot to learn from each other... me new to photography so i learning for you all... :embrass:

Surprisingly, it's cheaper in M'sia, only RM3100 (3100/2.4=S$1292) and come with 3 yrs warranty. 8GB SDHC Class 4 and camera bag and tripod!

Surprisingly, it's cheaper in M'sia, only RM3100 (3100/2.4=S$1292) and come with 3 yrs warranty. 8GB SDHC Class 4 and camera bag and tripod!

This is normal. Malaysia has got no tax on camera body, thus most if not all, their camera bodies are cheaper. Lens is more expensive though.

e.g:
You can get a 7D for RM$4200 and below, with 3 years Canon warranty some more.

For the high end models, the savings is very substantial. But if you are only looking at 60D, I suggest getting it local for the convenience in servicing. The savings is only about $100+.

This is normal. Malaysia has got no tax on camera body, thus most if not all, their camera bodies are cheaper. Lens is more expensive though.

e.g:
You can get a 7D for RM$4200 and below, with 3 years Canon warranty some more.

For the high end models, the savings is very substantial. But if you are only looking at 60D, I suggest getting it local for the convenience in servicing. The savings is only about $100+.

if add on the 2 yrs extended warranty in S'pore (cost ~$180), the savings is about $300+

if add on the 2 yrs extended warranty in S'pore (cost ~$180), the savings is about $300+

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That will be the primary reason I will be getting from Malaysia. 3 years warranty is a damn good deal. But it is ending this month, not sure if it will be extended. :think: