can Sanyo Enelope battery be use at my sanyo 2700 charger?

hkingx

Sep 17, 2008
Singapore. North/East
can Sanyo Enelope battery be use at my sanyo 2700 charger? :think::think:

If both are labeled "Sanyo" ... then what is your concern? Isn't there any manual for the charger, telling you which battery types can be charged? Sometimes also written on the charger bottom.

my sanyo charger model is (NC-MQR02), i read the instrunction, it write for sanyo AA/AAA HR-3U, N-3US, U-3U, HR-4U, N-4U , Ni-MH / Ni-CD.. but it didn't write it's for eneloop use..

while another part of the insturction show about the battery charge time, it contain eneloop, Ni-MH and Ni-CD charge time... so i'm quite confuse whether i can use it on my charger ..

Last edited:
my sanyo charger model is (NC-MQR02), i read the instrunction, it write for sanyo AA/AAA HR-3U, N-3US, U-3U, HR-4U, N-4U , Ni-MH / Ni-CD.. but it didn't write it's for eneloop use..

while another part of the insturction show about the battery charge time, it contain eneloop, Ni-MH and Ni-CD charge time... so i'm quite confuse whether i can use it on my charger ..
I don't see why not

The baseline is to check that the charger output voltage is suitable for the battery to be charged. If your battery is rated 1.2V, the output has to be 1.2V minimum. Generally, most chargers' output are slightly more than 10% of the battery voltage. Thus you may find your charger output at 1.4V. Note: I would avoid using the charger if the output is more than 20% of my battery (comments, anyone?).

Next look at the current output (would be in mA for such charger) of the charger. If your battery is rated 2700mAH and your charger output is 270mA, theoretically it would take 10 hours to fully charge your battery from 0.0V. In other words, the higher the mA, the quicker it charges the battery. Do note that frequent quick-charge is not recommended as it will kill the battery pre-maturely. Most battery manufacturers would recommend soft-charging (aka slow charge) where possible.

as long as the charger has some brains, i.e. smart charger, controlled charger, microprocessor controlled charger..etc, it show be fine. Especially branded with Sanyo, should be even better. Any issues just feedback to Sanyo.

I don't use the sanyo charger. I use a third party 1 hour charger. Still ok ;)

I use Sanyo refresh quick charger before Eneloop was introduced, and now i'm still using it to charge Eneloop.. I'm not sure about the real compatibility, but it doesn't seem to do any harm to my 2 years old Eneloop.. My charger itself is 4+ years old now.. Cool.. It's seriously the best i've ever do for the environment and i'm seriously happy :)

MJY00022.jpg

I think it will work.

back home i use the same gp charger for eneloop, sanyo and gp.

This should answer your question..
http://www.sanyo.com.au/products/batteries/rechargeable/ncmqr02

http://www.sanyo.com.au/resources/manuals/batteries/NCMQR02.pdf

This charger has pretty good specs

World voltage auto detect 100-240VAC
Individual cell charging control
Peak voltage control
Temperature control/protection
Minus delta voltage detection
Safety Timer control
Short circuited cells detection

I'd say, it's more than safe to use for your Eneloops ;)