Can recommend a good 8GB SD card for under $30?

Hi Samtac, where you see that poster? Looking for few 8 GB Ultra SD Card. Ultra enough to shoot some video? Or must need the Extreme one. Thanks!

If you are using 600D to take videos,

The extreme is superb, burst shots no lag at all, can take videos as long as you want.

I am using 16gb video extreme on my 600D currently, no regrets :)

Not sure if any of u caught the offer on amazon during cyber monday, Lexar profession 133x 16gb going for USD$19.90 a piece..grabbed 3, 1 for my friend hehe. Quite a steal i'd say. Time to replace my class 4 8gb.

Never get memory card from eBay, most of them are fake. Get them from amazon instead, even with forward shipping it's still alot cheaper than SG. The poster on page 1... 32GB class 10 HDVideo $112. I have the exact same card, and it cost me a total of S$78 from amazon.

I was doing some window shopping on Amazon, and found:

SanDisk ULTRA SDHC 8GB Class 4 Flash Memory Card SDSDRH-008G-A11 by SanDisk (Nov 30, 2009)
Buy new: previously $50.99, now $6.97
Amazon.com: SanDisk ULTRA SDHC 8GB Class 4 Flash Memory Card SDSDRH-008G-A11: Electronics

Is the 85% discount for real? Or is it just a marketing gimmick?
If I buy 2x 8GB cards ($14), plus shipping ($5), it would set me back about SGD$25.

Is this a good deal, you think?

marketing gimmick. 50.99 was the price maybe 3 years ago, they just didn't change it.

For SD cards... go for at least class 10, especially for sandisk. They always never fail to underperform =.=

marketing gimmick. 50.99 was the price maybe 3 years ago, they just didn't change it.

For SD cards... go for at least class 10, especially for sandisk. They always never fail to underperform =.=

Was thinking of class 10, but it's a little pricey for me.
I don't worry about Sandisk underperforming... only me, heh.
Because I will mostly be taking only casual, recreational shots.

LOL, at least class 10? If the TS don't need the speed, class 4 and class 6 cards are easier on the pocket for the same capacity. "=.="

Last edited: