Can headphones be repaired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rolleyes:

can tell u not from the industry...

No I'm not, but I'm immersed enough to nitpick on such nitty gritties.. ;p + - designation is technically for hot and cold signal for balanced connections. A headphone connection (L, R, Gnd) is unbalanced and even though the plug is the same, one should not use + - designation because the designation of the physical connections are T R and S. Simple reason being you could terminate the same connector with a phase invert, one side would be + - Gnd, the other would be - + Gnd.

So I was just trying to say + - are designation for the electrical signal, T R and S are the designation of the physical connection. But like I mentioned before, I'm just nitpicking because it makes a difference from an electrical engineering point of view. ;p

T - blue (left)
R - red (right)
S - copper (gnd)

is not the same as

T - hot (+)
R - cold (-)
S - Gnd

gei gao meh?

haiz....

talk to any engineer & he will term it as a TRS.
because by just saying a 1/4 in male jack is simply insufficient.

yeah, TRS is balanced for pro audio.
but for headphones, it is still unbalanced.
whatever it is, it is the same physical 1/4in TRS male jack.

nvm, anyway any good audio engineer would have the basic requirement hot so solder so that the signal will not be out of phase. ;)

gei gao meh?

haiz....

talk to any engineer & he will term it as a TRS.
because by just saying a 1/4 in male jack is simply insufficient.

yeah, TRS is balanced for pro audio.
but for headphones, it is still unbalanced.
whatever it is, it is the same physical 1/4in TRS male jack.

nvm, anyway any good audio engineer would have the basic requirement hot so solder so that the signal will not be out of phase. ;)

Yah lor.. because industry not just 1/4", still got Bantam/mini-Bantam connectors. Still they are all TRS type but won't fit each other. That's why I say, ignore me.. I'm just nitpicking.. hahaha.. ;p

Yah lor.. because industry not just 1/4", still got Bantam/mini-Bantam connectors. Still they are all TRS type but won't fit each other. That's why I say, ignore me.. I'm just nitpicking.. hahaha.. ;p

u really nitpicker man... heh...

Bantam & mini-bantam dun need to mention lah.
not related to this thread at all.

seldom ppl use unless they use a patchbay system.

u really nitpicker man... heh...

Bantam & mini-bantam dun need to mention lah.
not related to this thread at all.

seldom ppl use unless they use a patchbay system.

Hahaha... okie okie... enough of my nonsense.. ;p

Bring back to Senn to get it done or try LHS electronincs at lv 2 Sim Lim Tower. Just buy a new 3.5mm plug from them and ask them to terminate it for u. About $8-$10. If I will u, i'll get the Neutrik L plugs.

Thanks afbug, I got it done at LHS Electronic today ($8)

DSC_3598_640x480_640x480_.JPG
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.