Cameras In TV Shows & Movies

bankok dangerous. nick cage stole a nikon pro body from a reporter

btw, the csi miami is the most fake tv serise I even see, there is no poor people at miami, no fat and ugly people at the beach or hotel, no old and rusty car on road, so fake, more like a tourist promotion advertisement for miami then a tv serise.

Most is. Look at Las Vegas series - also no poor folks, no down and out gambler etc and everyone look so chio. Anyone who has ever visited Las Vegas will tell you that when you enter the giant gaming halls and see endless rows of slot machines - you see so many people look ugly and life-less, soul-less depressed zombies with their arms glued to the machine. Then there's the slum areas, crack-houses and illegal brothels, druggies and teenage hookers ...

Even if anyone does a series in SG, also won't show anything but the glamorized clean and green city life here. People only want to show/see the good things and fantasy.

But thing is, like any city, any people, what is portrayed is one aspect through one set of eyes.

bankok dangerous. nick cage stole a nikon pro body from a reporter

No its olympus if I remembered correctly. He then used it to smash a window of a car to break into it. This would prove the reliability of the camera brand.

Most is. Look at Las Vegas series - also no poor folks, no down and out gambler etc and everyone look so chio. Anyone who has ever visited Las Vegas will tell you that when you enter the giant gaming halls and see endless rows of slot machines - you see so many people look ugly and life-less, soul-less depressed zombies with their arms glued to the machine. Then there's the slum areas, crack-houses and illegal brothels, druggies and teenage hookers ...

Even if anyone does a series in SG, also won't show anything but the glamorized clean and green city life here. People only want to show/see the good things and fantasy.

But thing is, like any city, any people, what is portrayed is one aspect through one set of eyes.

Philosophy-teaching time.

btw, the csi miami is the most fake tv serise I even see, there is no poor people at miami, no fat and ugly people at the beach or hotel, no old and rusty car on road, so fake, more like a tourist promotion advertisement for miami then a tv serise.

I have friends who claim CSI is the most "accurate" presentation of police drama. :faint:

Law & Order and its variants. Its one of the more accurate ones that has everyone doing their own respective jobs. Albeit dramatised and beautified for tv of course.

I have friends who claim CSI is the most "accurate" presentation of police drama. :faint:
there are three CSI, CSI (LV), follow by CSI Miami, than CSI NY, I'm talking about the Miami one, the plot is so dramatic, actors over acting, the sets are too glamorous, does not look real at all.

there are three CSI, CSI (LV), follow by CSI Miami, than CSI NY, I'm talking about the Miami one, the plot is so dramatic, actors over acting, the sets are too glamorous, does not look real at all.

Well, for me, if it is TV drama or a movie show, I would usually switch off my logic and reasoning. I guess, some drama would try to mimic real life situation, but it is ultimately mainly for entertainment.

Is CSI Miami the one where the lead actor always puts on sun glasses, always act cool and talk cool as if he is the only hero in world? If you are talking about that one, yeah, that one over acting dude.

Come to think about it, there are reasons why I enjoy SyFy (Scifi) shows, I can watch it purely for fun and never to bother how reasonable it is.

Anyone know what cameras/DSLRs they use in CSI (Las Vegas, NYC, Miami)?
I've noticed that in some episodes for CSI:LV, they've used mainly Canon cameras.

Thoughts? Comments? Observations? Screenshots?

Regards,
Steven
Honestly, I don't care. I wouldn't buy a camera just because it appeared on TV.

Well, for me, if it is TV drama or a movie show, I would usually switch off my logic and reasoning. I guess, some drama would try to mimic real life situation, but it is ultimately mainly for entertainment.

Is CSI Miami the one where the lead actor always puts on sun glasses, always act cool and talk cool as if he is the only hero in world? If you are talking about that one, yeah, that one over acting dude.

Come to think about it, there are reasons why I enjoy SyFy (Scifi) shows, I can watch it purely for fun and never to bother how reasonable it is.
watching any movie or TV drama is also a time for me to study the IN thing, study the cinematography, lighting the set, composition, posing/body language .... blar blar blar beside entertainment.

the only time I switch my mind to enjoy pure entertainment is watching cartoon. :)

well, if you think about it, when you shoot landscapes also sama sama.

we can shoot punggol and people from other countries can go OH SO NICE, but they don't see the debris, the empty discarded mineral water bottles that people have left behind.