camera strap with quick release or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here.. Optech QR strap. Glad that I used it as I don't like the long strap dangling around unless I have to travel or need extra hand to carry other things. Without the long strap, much easier to hold the camera.

jsbn said:
Quick-release on tripod: Yes.
Quick-release on cameras: No.

I'm absolutely paranoid over quick-releases as I'm quite careless with my stuff at times.

But its ok if my tripod comes with a quick release as I can beat da shit outta any hooligan almost immediately.

same here

deslim27 said:
Same here.. Optech QR strap. Glad that I used it as I don't like the long strap dangling around unless I have to travel or need extra hand to carry other things. Without the long strap, much easier to hold the camera.

:dunno: why use strap? how short is yr strap? anyone don't use strap for camera?

Ninjaaa said:
:dunno: why use strap? how short is yr strap? anyone don't use strap for camera?
I don't use a neck strap, I use a wrist strap. Consider as not using strap? ;)

Personally I find using a wrist strap works for me, won't get in the way, won't look funny when the camera is mounted on the tripod, won't get tangled etc...

Ninjaaa said:

Do you mean "why don't use strap?" :bsmilie:

Troublesome lah.. cause obstruction, especially when I position camea in portrait orientation, troublesome on tripod also.. if pull the strap hard enuff accidentally, the camera + tripod may fall.

:dunno: :think: So... dont use strap, and carry cam aroung in plastic bag. ;p :thumbsup:

catchlights said:
Optech straps is a American product, we all know what kind of country is this, if anyone is worry of accidentally unclip it, this is extremely paranoid, I don’t think it happen it before, if not optech straps will close down long ago.

Ya American product but made in china. HAHAHA :)

shawnlim said:
catchlights said:
Optech straps is a American product, we all know what kind of country is this, if anyone is worry of accidentally unclip it, this is extremely paranoid, I don’t think it happen it before, if not optech straps will close down long ago.

Ya American product but made in china. HAHAHA :)

design by ABC!!!

Odd question you ask. It's like asking, why are cameras made for right handers instead of left handers...

Anyway... as like what others say, the Optech Cam Strap with QR... does felt a bit flimsy. I've use it for a while on a 3.5kg setup with no problem thou.

Later on I changed to Domke Camera Strap. With the Domke's Metal Clip I felt more secure ( I won't call the domke's one a QR, cos it is slightly more cumbersome to detach it... )

And yea, a camera with a full length strap felt more clumsy when you are not hanging on the strap...

Ninjaaa said:

Well... try carrying a 3 ~ 5 kg DSLR with big lens attach without a strap and tell me how u feel... haven't try tat?... try imaganing.

Edited: try carrying 3 ~ 5kg setup for the whole day... :p

Never had a problem with the quick release coming out. The neprene material on the OpTech or Martin strap is so comfortable compared to brand name straps.

But since you can easily detach them when you put camera in dry cabinet, i forget to attach it back on a few ocassions and went out shooting without the strap..... :(

In the end the camera felt heavier than before..... :sweat:

Have been using the OpTech neck strap.. Very comfortable.. Haven has any problems with the qucik release.. It helps me with easy storage and when i dont feel like using the neck strap.. To me, its worth getting.. ;)

My Optech strap quick release is secured by velcro. So can still remove easily plus added safety & peace of mind. :D

Helbreath said:
Never had a problem with the quick release coming out. The neprene material on the OpTech or Martin strap is so comfortable compared to brand name straps.

But since you can easily detach them when you put camera in dry cabinet, i forget to attach it back on a few ocassions and went out shooting without the strap..... :(

In the end the camera felt heavier than before..... :sweat:

attach it to your camera bag, you won't left it at home liao.

RossChang said:
Later on I changed to Domke Camera Strap. With the Domke's Metal Clip I felt more secure ( I won't call the domke's one a QR, cos it is slightly more cumbersome to detach it... )..

where u get the domke strap? where to get them in sgp? CP dont have. :dunno:

catchlights said:
attach it to your camera bag, you won't left it at home liao.

Yeap.. did the same.. but bring a different bag out. :bsmilie:

Ninjaaa said:
:dunno: :think: So... dont use strap, and carry cam aroung in plastic bag. ;p :thumbsup:

Aiyo.. be flexi lah.. if you will have to travel or need extra hand or feel unsafe without the strap, use it. That's what QR for.. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.