Camera mode survey

WHich mode do you use most?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
your statement is very misleading to newbies :bsmilie: let me help you clarify. For those who dunno what P mode is, P mode means Program Mode, in this mode the cam determines the shutter speed and aperture value for you (like Auto) however you are free to do minor modification to the given setting usually by turning the main dial to adjust a couple of stops +/- for either the shutter speed or aperture. Of course, pro photogs are not deprived from using this mode too. :)

Depending on the subject, P is a perfectly good mode for professionals to be using ;)

Note also that AE comp will be available.

Aperture priority is the way to go if you're doing street photography. Set your aperture to the largest size to get the quickest shutter speed and set it to f/16 if you want a slow shutter speed.

But of course if you have the time use manual! It's a lot more satisfying to actually be in total control of your image - that's why people buy Gundam model kits instead of buying them completed right?

Manual mode~! Flash takes care of the rest for indoors... And i just work a little harder when i am outside... And usually lighting cond. dun change that much~

And RAW can always help me +/- 1 stop... So not changing the setting so rapidly in daylight is generally ok for me:)

after fiddling with all the modes, I think i have no special preference.
It will have to depends on what i want to take, then i choose that mode.
ISO once set for an envt, i will not change it for that session.
Then after which i will play around with Av, Tv & EV.

i use M mode most of the time but sumtimes will use av mode as well

i love av.....erm i mean aperture mode. i'm a nikon guy, will use shutter piority when need freezes action or motion blur. most time in aperture mode

Because in manual mode the camera doesn't set the shutter speed or aperture for you.

I think they are 2 different things actually... perhaps you don't have to fiddle with as many settings when shooting in aperture priority compared to manual, but it is also possible to be a spur of the moment photographer while shooting in manual, much like how many ppl here including myself cover events with a flash. Hope this clarifies.

Knowing how the camera's metering system works (and thus knowing where to meter) is probably more important than using manual or one of the automated exposure modes.

I find it strange and a tad amusing that using 'Manual' mode seems to suggest a higher degree of skill or care on the part of the photographer.

In reality, if all the photographer does is to attempt to align the match needle to the centre by adjusting aperture, shutter speed or perhaps ISO while in 'Manual' mode, it's really a joke, because you're still letting the camera decide what is the 'optimum' exposure.

It's only manual when you can turn off the metering system.

For me, usually aperture priority if not using flash, shutter priority if using flash and manual if shooting sports in static lighting conditions, else aperture priority mode.

Av for me!
But for product/macro shoot, I use M.

OMG !! Only 2 other person beside me use 'Tv - Shutter Priority mode' most of the time !! :confused:

Shutter priority. Mostly event coverage and mostly bad lighting. No IS for my lens, so shutter priority... would very much wan to use manual but my experience is not there yet. need to be extremely fast to shoot events in manual. i nvr use program and auto? worse... haha

Status
Not open for further replies.