Camera from SLR Revolution (Funan)

Hmm not really cheaper, but better service (depends)?

3:16 have most of the things more expensive than others based on my experience. The only different is they can spend time chit chat with you,

Personally I've always patronized SLRR for all my camera stuff, only exception being buying my dry cabinet at J316. So far I've dealt with almost all of the SLRR staff on different deals and occasions, and their prices are consistently lower than other shops. Maybe less freebies? No personal experience there, but I find them friendly and approachable, with no trouble getting prices and just browsing. They even recommend specific shops for items they don't carry.

Perhaps only issue is they can be a little blunt and forthright? Can tell it's not hostility? Just that they don't want to waste their time and yours, but if you talk seriously with them and know your stuff, they're actually quite friendly and do offer lots of advice. Matter of getting used to I guess. J316 friendliest though hahaha.

Recently bought from them after calling them for pricing over the phone. On the phone they told me a price, but down at their shop, they said "impossible, no way can sell at that price". But I bought anyway, since they were still cheaper than other shops. But I know now pricing over the phone may not be the actual over the counter pricings.

Just to add that other than that, their service was quite good.

Last edited:
SLRR s one of my fav shops. I got my nex from them after comparing prices at several shops and I find that their service is good.

Bought most of my stuff there. Cheap, good, fast all have :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Personally I feel SLRR is ok if you already know your stuff and just simply going there for the price and checking the equipment to see if it works. On a few occasions, their lenses they stock seem to be a bit out of focus. But not sure if it's their fault or manufacture's fault.

I have bought all my camera stuff from them multiple times :cool: . I have never paid more than what was quoted to me in the mail or phone. I was a bit suprised one of the posters here didnt have the same experience :confused:
Excellent shop with great prices.

Hi
Just to share my experience of being conned.
I was at SLRR on the 5th flr Funan (opps J3.16) and bought a Nikon 60mm AFS Micro lens for SGD920 which I thought was cheap compared to prices quoted by other shops in Funan.
However I was stupidly taken in when they sold me a Marumi Digital High Grade Lens Protect Filter for SGD 130/- which I think costs very very much less elsewhere, just because I thot those guys were honest and was SLRR. I actually wanted a Nikon NC filter or B+W filter but was conned into accepting the Marumi one.
To my surprise their invoice was from Bally Photo Electronics instead of SLRR.

Later on I realised not many shops carry Marumi filters at all.

Well as a tourist ex-singaporean from australia, this I guess will be the last time I shop there.

Hi
I was at SLRR on the 5th flr Funan (opps J3.16) and bought a Nikon 60mm AFS Micro lens for SGD920 which I thought was cheap compared to prices quoted by other shops in Funan.
However I was stupidly taken in when they sold me a Marumi Digital High Grade Lens Protect Filter for SGD 130/- which I think costs very very much less elsewhere, just because I thot those guys were honest and was SLRR. I actually wanted a Nikon NC filter or B+W filter but was conned into accepting the Marumi one.

Well as a tourist ex-singaporean from australia, this I guess will be the last time I shop there.

SLRR is at level 4,old shop taken over by Bally Photo some time ago...

Yes..their price are usually bit lower and very competitive. I agree.

Hi

Hello........SLRR is not located opp J3.16 and its on 4th floor instead of 5th.

Btw, not many knew but it seem that SLRR and Bally are under the same boss.

SLRR is at level 4,old shop taken over by Bally Photo some time ago...

Yes, thats my fault I guess, coming once a year back to singapore, thinking that shop was still SLRR.
Admittedly after paying the cash, was quite surprised to see a Bally Photo invoice.

Anyhow learnt my lesson, from now will buy only at TK Photo or John 3.16 in future

in the meantime anyone has any idea about Marumi filters ? are they just crap or at least reasonably okay ?

Last edited:
Btw, not many knew but it seem that SLRR and Bally are under the same boss.

that has been mentioned many times, but I have yet to try Bally due to the countless bad comments about them here...

Yes, thats my fault I guess, coming once a year back to singapore, thinking that shop was still SLRR.
Admittedly after paying the cash, was quite surprised to see a Bally Photo invoice.

Anyhow learnt my lesson, from now will buy only at TK Photo or John 3.16 in future

in the meantime anyone has any idea about Marumi filters ? are they just crap or at least reasonably okay ?

Marumi filters are ok but definitely not worth the price that you paid.

Marumi are ok.. But not wonderful. The only issue is.. u paid too much for it.

Zertelle said:
that has been mentioned many times, but I have yet to try Bally due to the countless bad comments about them here...

Than dun try buying from Bally, 1 shop to do business with those that do their homework and another to chop those carrot head... A win win situation for their boss, FYI their boss have 11 more chopper shop in Funan, sim lim & orchard area as well...

If TK foto as the item I need I usually buy from them else I go MS Color at AMK (Sorry I am using Sony) Cathay is a bit ok but I dont seem to like as coz I feel you're buying from Mcdonald... you order, they gave you what you ordered, you pay and go :-(

I used Marumi filter so far so good. Normally how I test UV filter is I shoot at the strong light if no ghosting i'm good lolz. i onced used an el cheapo filter and to my horror any strong light will cause ghosting :(

Last edited:
Hi

The shop name is Bally, is there anywhere in the 5th floor shop that state SLRR? If you buy at SLRR (4th floor), receipt is SLRR, not Bally.

It's unfair to say that shop is same as SLRR when the shop name and receipt states Bally. They are 2 complete different shops, not a single trace they are related if you visit their shop. It's only when people dig up they found these 2 shops are under the same boss.

1 shop is for tourists, 1 for regulars. Don't mix them together, they are not the same.

I thot Bally is on L2? near ATM, samsonite n Alan photo..