Camera choice for F1 night race photographers

Ok so that's what u mean.
But precise wise I would say longer lens need to before precise as the subject is bigger and any motion blur would be more obvious.
I was shooting with 200mm outside esplade where the speed was pretty fast...I swung my whole upper body from left to right. Lol

its physics again, the further away they are--the slower they are moving in relative to your panning.
the closer they are to you at the same speed, you would've to pan more and faster as well.

wave your hand right in front of your eyes, and wave your hand stretched out--both at the same speed.
which is easier for your eyes to follow through?

Last edited:
its physics again, the further away they are--the slower they are moving in relative to your panning. the closer they are to you at the same speed, you would've to pan more and faster as well. wave your hand right in front of your eyes, and wave your hand stretched out--both at the same speed. which is easier for your eyes to follow through?

True..I just shoot base on conditions requirements.

very nice shot there!!

i have a lot more to learn from the pros here. using 500d with 18-55 kits lens to take some shots proved to be a huge challenge esp with panning and focusing on target :bsmilie:

after hundreds of shots, i finally got this.

View attachment 4802 https://www.flickr.com/photos/125495142@N03/15328767942/

Use what u have and find what is limiting u so that next time u will know what are the necessary gears suitable for the F1 shots.
Most importantly is dare to try and make mistakes and learn from mistakes.
Thank you for sharing your shot :)

very nice shot there!!

i have a lot more to learn from the pros here. using 500d with 18-55 kits lens to take some shots proved to be a huge challenge esp with panning and focusing on target :bsmilie:

after hundreds of shots, i finally got this.

View attachment 4802 https://www.flickr.com/photos/125495142@N03/15328767942/

five stars for effort.
you really pushed the gear to its Limit