camera body and lenses

Another point to add: The Person viewing The Image
This one cannot be influenced but can make a huge difference. Just because you like your pictures does not mean that others will like /understand them in the same way.
What is well received by one person might not be welcome by another one for a myriad of reasons. As an artist you can play along this huge range from pleasing to mind boggling to deliberately provoking. And it does not matter at all which lens was used...

my slightly more presentable works, all came from a 450d and a 3rd party tamron.

both don't really matter too much one lah. guy behind the camera and a basic camera.. the rest are extras.

A good lens can still fetch a good price after many years if it is well taken careof. Whereas a camera body would be worthless after 5 years !

A good lens can still fetch a good price after many years if it is well taken careof. Whereas a camera body would be worthless after 5 years !
Maybe valid for those only looking for cameras as electronic gadgets with newest features.

Lens for me. The main limitation for a camera is the sensor (apart from AF, noise-reduction). As I use a 600D now, its sensor is mainly used by many other models (including the more expensive 60D). The lens makes all the difference, particularly so when I moved from the kit lens to a 17-55.

You can start taking photos with any camera kit sets, you should grow together with your camera.

Don't waste time on searching for the perfect camera now, it will change as you grow in photography skills.

agree on this one...
series of camera body features differs on photographer's style; lenses' specs also differs on which you prefer like genre, style and techniques :)