camera bags - too many choices

Anyway, anyone have experience with herringbone bags? Heard it's from Korea and the design is quite similar to Billingham and CP is having a 50% discount.

Find the design of the bag very classy, dunno if it's as good as billingham though.

have gaps, so is not waterproof like billingham.

which is sad, they are so pretty.

yah agreed... love the billinghams.. water proof and gaps free..

Might consider adding an hadley pro soon.. :heart:

Anyway, anyone have experience with herringbone bags? Heard it's from Korea and the design is quite similar to Billingham and CP is having a 50% discount.

Find the design of the bag very classy, dunno if it's as good as billingham though.

Oh here...

http://www.cathayphoto.com.sg/offers/2010/06/herringbone-bags

Seen it before, but still prefer the sleekness and class of billingham.. and dun think herringbone is waterproof though (i could be wrong)..

Cannot comment much other than that..

My Requirements
budget - $150 and below
Bag - easy access, preferable single click to open bag
Capacity - holds one DSLR, one compact, and one extra lens
Water proof - I would assume most camera bags are water proof?
Design - I like messenger type of sling

With these requirements, it narrows down your possible choices significantly.
Either search online or get down to the shops to look for one.

Just additional notes... other then capacity, do concern about the eventual weight of your stuff will be in the bag. It can be a strain on the back if you choses the sling type when your gears are heavy. I've noticed, most bags are "waterproof" to a certain degree. Do check out whether your gears can be safe in a 1. light drizzle, 2. heavy downpour or 3. Swim through flood water (eg...Orchard Road flood). Lastly, do consider space for your accessories...

Is Funan a good place to start shopping/touching most camera bags under one roof?

You can start with Funan.
Then Cathay at Peninsular or Marina square, then Sim Lim^2 and then MS photo at Ang Mo Kio.

oh wow, the herringbone bags look good.

must go and molest them at CP soon.

oh wow, the herringbone bags look good.

must go and molest them at CP soon.

Yeah I was at CP last week and they don't have the herringbone in leather. Saw the pictures online and I was drooling like crazy...............

BTW OP carries them too but the price :thumbsd: cos no discount.

Price after discount is like ? Cheaper then billingham ?

Price after discount is like ? Cheaper then billingham ?

Yes about 200+. One day we can go down to CP to look look. I wanna ask them if they got the leather versions one or not. Quite sleek can pull it off as an office briefcase :bsmilie::bsmilie:

anyone tried the SBO like harness from lowepro?

http://products.lowepro.com/product/S-F-Vest-Harness,2029,32.htm

it looks all nice and secure and sturdy, leaves your hands empty and easy to move around with.
but walking around with SBO in s'pore looks really weird...

hmmmm if want SBO type, i thinking of ThinkTank Speed Belt V2.
pros : can configure your own settings.
cons : could get rather exp depending on your settings.

do give a try on Domke, they are good, comfort and it doesn't tell a camera bag alike

other wise billingham is good for long lasting, and not to forget the high end workmanship Fogg bag :)

yes most of them are shoulder bag

Regarding shoulder bags, Fogg's workmanship is excellent but I sold my B-minor away for the following reasons:

a. It's not exquisite to use velcro on a luxury camera bag especially when you are paying a high price. Velcro on Domke is ok, but definitely not on Fogg or Billingham.

b. The whole bag feels so thin and filmsy compared to Domkes and Billinghams.

c. The flap style cover of the bag makes me have doubts whether it can truly protect the equipment in the bag from rain.

The above are just my own opinions on my previous Fogg bag.

take your time and decide, its important to have a nice looking bag which is practical at the same time ;)

Be happy that you have the choices!

Just figured out what appeals to you and your needs. May take a while, but there's fun in doing so too!

fogg doesn't seem to be designed for dslrs.

and the price is pretty sick. for those who think that billinghams are expensive...

fogg doesn't seem to be designed for dslrs.

and the price is pretty sick. for those who think that billinghams are expensive...

You are damn right. Foggs are more for Leicas.

With these requirements, it narrows down your possible choices significantly.
Either search online or get down to the shops to look for one.

Just additional notes... other then capacity, do concern about the eventual weight of your stuff will be in the bag. It can be a strain on the back if you choses the sling type when your gears are heavy. I've noticed, most bags are "waterproof" to a certain degree. Do check out whether your gears can be safe in a 1. light drizzle, 2. heavy downpour or 3. Swim through flood water (eg...Orchard Road flood). Lastly, do consider space for your accessories...

You can start with Funan.
Then Cathay at Peninsular or Marina square, then Sim Lim^2 and then MS photo at Ang Mo Kio.

Thanks coolthought, only saw this reply today. Got mine already (lowepro slingshot).

Now topic suddenly got so many designer ladies bag.
Maybe got compartment for eyelash, and foundation :sweat:

Best waterproof bag ever...

and yes, if you throw the whole bag into the water, it will float and not a single drop of water will ever touch your equipment inside.

dryzone-200.jpg

[vid]gPiOqgmAq2Q[/vid]

Last edited: