Camera Bag (side Sling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I know can e 5mil fit a cam with batt grip?Thks

Can fit, but maybe with a slight bulge, If you are interested in getting a 5 mil, just take ur cam with grip and try it out at the Crumpler store.

Best for style and usability, IMHO,

Crumpler 5 Million dollar.

Domke F-3X Super Compact

5MDH - Usability :thumbsd: Looks subjective but for me it is a :thumbsd:

Domke - Paying that amount for what I get already turns me off

5MDH - Usability :thumbsd: Looks subjective but for me it is a :thumbsd:

Domke - Paying that amount for what I get already turns me off

Bro, 5MDH recommended based on TS's gear only. For his setup, 5MDH is very usable, and stylo too :D

Domke....ever wondered how come the Domke users all so hardcore fans one? The bags are very well-made and very durable.
Super ex to get in SG, but cheaper if bought online. If you ask me, it's worth every cent I spent :thumbsup:

5 million dollar bag is nice....$119...still within my budget...but i notice no shoulder padding.
i wanna go down and see..

Last edited:
you can also try the Tamrac Velocity series -

http://www.tamrac.com/Velocity_Video.htm

available at a few places in Singapore - iirc best prices at TK photo in SLS.

things i like about this series vs. other bags :

weight distribution is very comfortable - shaped and padded sling makes movement smooth and carrying easy
designed for quick 'on-the-go' access
nylon interior - less flexible for customization of interior dividers, but sufficient for most setups and, IMO, MUCH better vs. dust
front and top pockets for accessories
style doesn't scream 'camera bag'
several different sizes to fit your collection (6x,7x,8x,9x,10x)
reasonable price (under $100)

used a mk.1 7x for about 6 years, about to upgrade to the new model 8x :)

otherwise of the other options listed, i'd also recommend the domke. looks good, durable and decent price/performance ratio (if still a little ex.)
i prefer crumpler for the backpacks as usually they are heavier and 'over-built'. good for when you are feeling kiasu about protection - bad for everyday use :p

How about getting a Timbuk2 messenger bag (small or medium size), then purchase a camera insert? That's what I just did, and robinsons is having a 10% discount on timbuk2 bags when i went on fri ;) and there is a range of colours u can choose from too :)

haha but worth it. it is supposingly to be very durable which can last u at least XX years. :)

it is very durable, that's one thing for sure. i believe it can hold up well even after 10 years?

it's worth every cent spent, and the pricing is very reasonable, for a good and nice bag, which can fit quite a few lens/plus one body.

where can i get it in singapore? Wanna see and feel the real thing before buying..

Giving Crumpler 5 million a miss..I just called wheellock outlet and was told shoulderpad only comes with 6 million series onward. The guy was telling me the pad is too long for 5 million series( it will fit) but look weird.

where can i get it in singapore? Wanna see and feel the real thing before buying..

Giving Crumpler 5 million a miss..I just called wheellock outlet and was told shoulderpad only comes with 6 million series onward. The guy was telling me the pad is too long for 5 million series( it will fit) but look weird.

u can go to K-13 at peninsular to see the actual bag but don't buy there, then contact pk chan to get the bag from him (u can ask ard for his number here, i forgot to save).

please dun get crumpler bag... i feel that without the camera and accessories, it already weighed a 'ton'... billingham bags are so much lighter (empty bag) ~

Can consider ThinkTank Urban Disguise 35. Its quite good for the size

Can consider ThinkTank Urban Disguise 35. Its quite good for the size

I want something like billingham but that one is a bit steep...$400 plus..
any other alternative like billingham but lower price..my budget max is $200..

Status
Not open for further replies.