Camera Backpack

Status
Not open for further replies.

photo2k

Mar 29, 2004
Hello,
The Lowepro backpack price is quite steep. Anybody know where I can get cheaper camera backpack from other brand.
Thanks

Actually Lowepro's prices are among the most reasonable. They're not steep, considering the quality you're getting. Most average at around $120 brand new. 2nd hand they go for under $100. If you want something that can hold a laptop, prices are closer to $200 brand new. Which is still reasonable.

U can shop ard... nobody talks about the cheapo brands much because they're not that much cheaper, but quality-wise they're still far off.

I suspect you might not be looking in the right places..... some shops like to *chop* you if they can.....

Thank you for the help.
I may have been looking at the wrong place.

Do you know where is the best place to shop for backpack ?

Thanks

photo2k said:

Thanks

I bought mine from Aik Seng at Luck Plaza.

Lowepro's list prices appear high but you should be able to get quite a bit off the list price - about 40% I think.

photo2k said:

Thanks

There's a shop at the basement of Sim Lim Sq IIRC.

I just get mine from Cathay. They probably aren't the cheapest, but I don't feel like walking ard and dealing with idiots shops who think I have no idea how much stuff costs, and try to quote ridiculous prices.

At least Cathay doesn't try these kinda stuff... everytime I go they quote me the ACTUAL price of items and they have a pretty decent selection.

solarii said:
There's a shop at the basement of Sim Lim Sq IIRC.

I just get mine from Cathay. They probably aren't the cheapest, but I don't feel like walking ard and dealing with idiots shops who think I have no idea how much stuff costs, and try to quote ridiculous prices.

At least Cathay doesn't try these kinda stuff... everytime I go they quote me the ACTUAL price of items and they have a pretty decent selection.

I second that. CP :thumbsup:

solarii said:
Actually Lowepro's prices are among the most reasonable. They're not steep, considering the quality you're getting. Most average at around $120 brand new. 2nd hand they go for under $100. If you want something that can hold a laptop, prices are closer to $200 brand new. Which is still reasonable.

U can shop ard... nobody talks about the cheapo brands much because they're not that much cheaper, but quality-wise they're still far off.

I suspect you might not be looking in the right places..... some shops like to *chop* you if they can.....

haha i tot lowepro bag was expensive in the past until i saw back like crumple :sweat:

now all my camera bag or pouch are from lowepro :thumbsup:

try not buy camera bag from one of SLS accessories chain, a lowepro Novo 1 AW cost diff of $12 from what's CP is selling after deduction.

remember osmeone mentioning that urban equipment had camera backpacks which were quite cheap from sports connection, but apparently no stock..

Hi, just OT, is the lowepro orion aw can be detach into separate backpack & waist pouch?
thks. Can get at CP?

u spend quite a lot on a cam and stuff, isn't it logical to spend on stuff to protect them?

Speaking of Lowepro bags......anyone knows how much the new D650 AW is going for these days......? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.