Cambodia, thru my eyes – clipper79

I must admit this is not very much in the street genre, but encrouching more into the landscape/architecture genre. But never the less it is still in the same series of my travel journal.

Knowledge Standing Tall
5150975661_12e58fae8c_o.jpg

Library (sanscrit storage area), Beng Mealea, Siem Reap, Cambodia
15mm Super Wide-Heliar + Neopan 400​

I really gotta use my CV 15mm F4.5 more often!

Packing it with me to Hanoi next month for a week!
Is yours the M mount or LTM?

:) Cheers Gary. You should pack it for Hanoi. Loads of sceneries there to capture with the 15mm. Though I would not suggest pushing film with this lens. Subjects are small and it will be lost with grainy films as a result of pushing.

Mine is an LTM, hence shooting most of the time at f8 (50cm to infinity hyperfocal) under the sun, and f4.5 (70cm to infinity) for cloudy days. Good enough for me. Who needs shallow DoF? LOL! The M Mount makes very little difference though, just that it has a filter thread that might come useful. But the RF coupling really isn't a need if you have everything in focus at 70cm onwards!

If you want less distortion, make sure you shoot straight on, and not tilting the camera in an angle. I realise that later on :( some shots of mine looked weird with too much exaggerated lines.

:) Cheers Gary. You should pack it for Hanoi. Loads of sceneries there to capture with the 15mm. Though I would not suggest pushing film with this lens. Subjects are small and it will be lost with grainy films as a result of pushing.

Mine is an LTM, hence shooting most of the time at f8 (50cm to infinity hyperfocal) under the sun, and f4.5 (70cm to infinity) for cloudy days. Good enough for me. Who needs shallow DoF? LOL! The M Mount makes very little difference though, just that it has a filter thread that might come useful. But the RF coupling really isn't a need if you have everything in focus at 70cm onwards!

If you want less distortion, make sure you shoot straight on, and not tilting the camera in an angle. I realise that later on :( some shots of mine looked weird with too much exaggerated lines.

Ya, confirm bringing this little lens to Hanoi!
Mine is LTM as well.

Honestly for the CV 15mm, the coupling is not needed at all, even at F4.5, the DOF is still there!!!! Everything clear & sharp!

Yep, agree the M mount is good coz its got the filter option plus it looks nicer ;)

Ya, confirm bringing this little lens to Hanoi!
Mine is LTM as well.

Honestly for the CV 15mm, the coupling is not needed at all, even at F4.5, the DOF is still there!!!! Everything clear & sharp!

Yep, agree the M mount is good coz its got the filter option plus it looks nicer ;)

I have yet to plan my trip to Hanoi :( It's been long over due.

I have yet to plan my trip to Hanoi :( It's been long over due.

hey bro, whats at Hanoi ah? hahaha! I just straight away booked the trip, have no plans at all on what to do! hahaha!

Got any tips on where to go other then the tourist guids, what to be careful of?

hey bro, whats at Hanoi ah? hahaha! I just straight away booked the trip, have no plans at all on what to do! hahaha!

Got any tips on where to go other then the tourist guids, what to be careful of?

Look up Thorn Tree Forum (Lonely Planet's forum). I think there are a lot of traveling tips there. If not you could also get a guidebook. That is what I do, usually I will do an indepth read up on the place before going. Like how the culture is, plan my day's route by area (so you do not do aimless movements. It saves time too, and maximise your daylight hours). After that,... find what you want to shoot and where you can do best photography ;) Hope this helps.

Places in Hanoi,...
This is off the net:... I have yet to plan mine :bsmilie:
Ba Dinh Square
Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum
One Pillar Pagoda
Van Mieu
Hoan Kiem Lake
Ngoc Son Pagoda
Ho Chi Minh's House on Stilts

The Tree Temple
5167968857_ccde9deb48_o.jpg

That is what the local call it. The famous icon of Cambodia, Ta Phrom, Siem Reap, Cambodia.​

#1,#2 and #3 works experimentally in my opinion, looks really surreal.
Especially the one with the goat on the ground, pretty creepy.
Nice works for the rest too, natural and good.

Opps,... the goat on the ground is actually a horse mate :bsmilie: But it is ok,...
Those works are experimental and they are meant be something which I was trying to find a style which is uniquely mine.
thanks for the kind comments and words of encouragement. Cheers!

Last edited:
Look up Thorn Tree Forum (Lonely Planet's forum). I think there are a lot of traveling tips there. If not you could also get a guidebook. That is what I do, usually I will do an indepth read up on the place before going. Like how the culture is, plan my day's route by area (so you do not do aimless movements. It saves time too, and maximise your daylight hours). After that,... find what you want to shoot and where you can do best photography ;) Hope this helps.

Places in Hanoi,...
This is off the net:... I have yet to plan mine :bsmilie:
Ba Dinh Square
Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum
One Pillar Pagoda
Van Mieu
Hoan Kiem Lake
Ngoc Son Pagoda
Ho Chi Minh's House on Stilts

Thanks bro, going into my to -do list! ;)

The Faithful
5167153672_ba18d080c9_o.jpg

Beng Mealea, Siem Reap, Cambodia
CV15mm + Neopan 400​