Buying External flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaknafein said:
tzesian: ohh i get what u mean now. i only managed to find the 36 c-2 model. do u have any idea where i can get the 32 z-1?
i tried the metz website and it looks like the model is discontinued :(

Look for an used unit, I ever lucky to have an perfect unit (32Z1) for as little as $50 :)

Zaknafein said:
the s9500 camera manual says that:

"ordinary external flash units can be used. howevery, some camera-specific flash units cannot be used."
"The flash trigger voltage must not exceed 400V"
does this means that i cant use flashguns from nikon, canon, etc etc? only 3rd party ones?

Actually I have been using my Panasonic FZ10 for more than a year with my Nikon SB26 with no problems. My camera uses a trigger voltage of less than 26v and the flash measurement, if I remember correctly, is less than 10v. So if your camera uses less than 400v then I think most flash will be no problem. Even the cheap no brand one that I have uses only about 120v.
If you use a Metz flash, your max shooting distance will be fixed. But if you use those with Zoom heads, the distance actually increases with the zoom.
My SB26 is rated at 36, but at max80mm zoom and with the addition of a homemade flash extender, I have actually managed to shoot up to 20m with a 400mm lens set at F1/5.6

Status
Not open for further replies.