buying D800 at audio house

Haha, paying 4k+ for it why so happy?

He can now blow-up a pic of his girl friend to cover his entire bedroom ceiling ....... :)

Last edited:
We all know that the demand for D800/E exceeds supply. How could Audio House have sold the camera to any random customer.? If they did, then those who pre-paid
have been taken for a ride .... Does anyone suspect foul play here?

Last edited:
We all know that the demand for D800/E exceeds supply. How could Audio House have sold the camera to any random customer.? If they did, then those who pre-paid
have been taken for a ride .... Does anyone suspect foul play here?
LOL seem like you never read the thread properly.... foul play or not only those who pay deposit will know..:cool:

LOL seem like you never read the thread properly.... foul play or not only those who pay deposit will know..:cool:
I paid deposit too ......... waited for more than 1 month ........ all that in May....... Did you just say that you didn't pay deposit but just walked in to buy a D800 from there?

Last edited:
I paid deposit too ......... waited for more than 1 month ........ all that in May....... Did you just say that you didn't pay deposit but just walked in to buy a D800 from there?
hmm..... :think: which outlet you put deposit ?

I think depend on the sale guy or how many unit they receive from their hq.
Maybe your outlet have more people paid deposit.
Mine are from liang court.

They said it didn't matter where you placed your order. They have a centralised order tracking system ........ From the looks of things, their tracking strayed quite a bit ....... so did anyone else receive a D800/E from them over the last 2 weeks or so?

Audio House do not keep stock of high end cams as that is not their "usual" client base and that is why they insist you pay a deposit first, with the deposit they will get from Nikon or other reseller and deliver it to those who paid the deposit.

BUT if the stock had arrived, they will hold it for a while (or at least till those who paid deposit start to call everyday or cry father cry mother) so that if there is a walk in customer, they will sell it to them, extra sale mah. If you threaten to ask for refund they will say cannot as already ordered or suddenly like magic, the stock comes in.

Wah so serious die die must get... If got buy lah, no got wait lah. Must still put deposit meh?

Audio House do not keep stock of high end cams as that is not their "usual" client base and that is why they insist you pay a deposit first, with the deposit they will get from Nikon or other reseller and deliver it to those who paid the deposit.

BUT if the stock had arrived, they will hold it for a while (or at least till those who paid deposit start to call everyday or cry father cry mother) so that if there is a walk in customer, they will sell it to them, extra sale mah. If you threaten to ask for refund they will say cannot as already ordered or suddenly like magic, the stock comes in.

What you said makes sense but if it is true then it is also unethical.......

Maybe I was lucky...to be fair to Audio House, I paid in full for D800E (AH was the cheapest in town, lower that D800 RRP!) in late May. The guy at AH told me that new stock from Nikon will arrive within a week and if earlier he'd give me a buzz (that was a Sunday). 2 days later, I got a call from the salesman telling me that my D800E has arrived and the best part is I have 4 units to choose from (ie look for the latest serial number...). I gazed at their shelves, they have another 4 units of D800. I casually asked whether those has been reserved and the answer was "yes". Not sure whether it is a salesperson dependent issue...

Zenten said:
What you said makes sense but if it is true then it is also unethical.......

You can't expect the entire world to be like Sesame Street can you?

I am not validating their practice, but I just think that expecting everyone to act ethically is naive.

In the end, just be happy if you got what you want at what you believe is a good price, then smile. If you did not get what you want, don't sulk. If you really want something, you'll have a way.

Anyone gotten their set this couple of days from there?

Audio House - That sums it all.

Guys how much deposit u hv to pay?
They asked me to pay full amount and only 3 months stock will be coming

dronell said:
Guys how much deposit u hv to pay?
They asked me to pay full amount and only 3 months stock will be coming

Which outlet u went? And did they tell u what's the queue now?