bukit timah nature reserve

one eye jack, i salute you. you done survey/research much. but it's too much for me to read....maybe when i pan sai i will try to read them.

one eye jack, i salute you. you done survey/research much. but it's too much for me to read....maybe when i pan sai i will try to read them.

Haha..no problem. What little I saw of the It Figures program "Tunneling Deep" is just
a regurgitation of other news reports with the exception of a 1000 people survey saying
40% do not want to pay anything when asked if people are willing to pay for mitigation of
the impact, an economist when asked regarding this result said it goes to show people do not know enough about the problem/issue so a laying out of factual info is needed on my part for intelligent discussion.( survey another 45% willing to pay up to Sg $189 one time
only and 15% said "don't know").

It's strange LTA did not release it's own Environment impact assessment report ( EIA) when it has already been completed.According to "Tunneling deep" the EIA consultant ( an ang moh) said mitgation costs will be about 2% of project costs which amount to Sg $800 million.Mitigation does not mean zero impact said Nauture Society Singapore.Either way let's see what unfolds in future.:think: Do note that LTA has reduced drilling sites from 22 to 16 along proposed route under catchment area.

EDit: LTA did release EIA ( 1000 pages report ) but as usual always paint a rosy outlook.Real impact continues long after project is finished.

Last edited: