Budget Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Bought the db-036 with parissilk they got no delivery so I lug cabi + my new dslr from katong and take bus home hehe, super duper heavy

Carrefour have the service if you buy about $150(?) worth of products. My friend bought the digi-cabi plus other groceries to make up the amount. Quite hassle free.

it's quite small actually. And if you need to, just put it in the boot of a cab...

if u are on tight budget, u can try dry box first? imo, drybox hydrometer can go under 40% too, unless u are a heavy lens user/body user u might wanna get cabinet which allow more storage :devil:

hey all, i've bought a dry cabi from a fellow CSer here. :) 30L. hope it will last me for quite some time. but have some doubts with regards to the RH level. issit common for the RH to fluctuate quite a bit when i open the cabi? (coz mine can go from 40 plus to 70 plus % when i open and it takes quite a few hrs for it to go back to 40 plus). thanks! :)

hey all, i've bought a dry cabi from a fellow CSer here. :) 30L. hope it will last me for quite some time. but have some doubts with regards to the RH level. issit common for the RH to fluctuate quite a bit when i open the cabi? (coz mine can go from 40 plus to 70 plus % when i open and it takes quite a few hrs for it to go back to 40 plus). thanks! :)

That's normal. When the interior is exposed, RH will go up. ;)

That's normal. When the interior is exposed, RH will go up. ;)

alright. thanks for the fast reply. :D but why does it take so low to go back down. anyway. i'm using a cabi with analog hygrometer.

alright. thanks for the fast reply. :D but why does it take so low to go back down. anyway. i'm using a cabi with analog hygrometer.

:bsmilie: I'm not that sure about the technical part but am sure that its working fine. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: I'm not that sure about the technical part but am sure that its working fine. :bsmilie:

haha. alright man. shall just let it slowly decrease. thanks for the reply. ;)

it takes time for the dehumifier to remove the moisture from the air as air needs to be circulated within the box. the dehumifier can only treat a small volume of air at one time. It's similar to a refrigerator.
It's not practical to remove all the moisture from the box immediately due to energy and design concerns. And stored equipment isn't so sensitive to humidity so it's not necessary as well. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.