Budget airlines 7kg limit.

It's not just the budget airlines. I was recently coming back from London Heathrow flying MAS & they have very strict 7kg hand carry luggage. My camera equipment alone weighed about 15kg so we had to repack everything last minute. Changi & KLIA are very relaxed about this though.

i had an experience once with Air Asia. the staff at the counters at KL's Budget Terminal didn't stop people who were dragging huge trolley bags.

in the end, i had to put my sling bag (with my gear and clothes) on my lap for the whole flight, because one guy had stowed a huge trolley bag into the overhead compartment.

and their staff aren't well-trained. they seemed nonchalant about the lapses.

That made it the first and last time i'll ever fly by Air Asia.

Why not just check-in your lugguage? I do not understand why some people are in such hurry to get out of airports? Nowadays, check-in luggage are unloaded pretty quickly. I am fully supportive of the 7kg limit. I wouldn't want overhead compartments to be stuffed to such an extend that it may pop open during a turbulence and risk my head being smashed by whatever unneccessary stuff others carry onboard. Bear in mind, most budget airlines are using planes that are not new.

Love that too as it's nice to travel light but the problem with some countries are they are very rough in handling your luggages. Especially in Europe & some 3rd world countries, they either damage, wet or steal your belongings so always try to get those plastic wrapping service in airport whenever possible.

i had an experience once with Air Asia. the staff at the counters at KL's Budget Terminal didn't stop people who were dragging huge trolley bags.

in the end, i had to put my sling bag (with my gear and clothes) on my lap for the whole flight, because one guy had stowed a huge trolley bag into the overhead compartment.

and their staff aren't well-trained. they seemed nonchalant about the lapses.

That made it the first and last time i'll ever fly by Air Asia.

Double standards & unfortunate for you. They have that metal cage now before checking-in to size & weigh your bag failing of which you'll have a problem though I'm not sure if they enforce it but I skip Airasia because of their numerous flight delays. Sorry Tony, no points from me ;)

In recent times a lot of the budget airlines (AirAsia IIRC) have been stricter in enforcing the 7 kg limits, stationing people before you enter immigration to weigh your hand-carry with hand-held scales. Not sure if they are still doing it.

7 kg includes your body weight. I suggest you don't have a heavy meal before boarding. :bsmilie: