Broadband : Pacnet 384K or Singnet 256K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by SNAG
huh?
you experience these problems?
"choi for me", but I have never experienced these problems before.
The internal wiring of your house matters a lot as well.... Could it be your internal wiring that's causing these problems?

Actually, I don't know what's going on also.
See, the moment I :complain:, it works so smoothly for me.

/me looks at modem with suspicion...

pacific 384k

18mths contract (6 mths@51.90, 12mths@53.98)
activation fee@41.55
total contract costs : 311.40 + 647.76 + 41.55 = 1000.71

singnet 256k

18mths contract (6mths@28.60, 12mths@57.20)
activation fee@41.60
total contract costs : 171.60 + 686.40 + 41.60 = 899.6

i dun need the speed...so mabee singtel for me then.

by the way,

does anybody knows about the installation charge of $150 for singtel? is it compulsory?

didn't know about such cost. when I got mine 2 years back, it was pick and go and I installed myself.

Originally posted by Poledra
On Singnet 256K...

:complain:

That bleeding thing cuts me off sometimes. I am online, the next moment, I'm not!
It can happen a few times per day if the network is feeling cranky on that day. On other days, it's as smooth as MacDonald's vanilla ice cream.

Other than that, no problems.

Same Here... although I have not tried macdonald's vanilla ice cream before ...

some one mentioned Maxonline.

I have been using it for the last 2½ years, very good, down time is like once a year (if it was while I'm using it). Download speed 1.7Mbps (I use netpersec to measure) and upload at 150kbps.

Don't understand why people would use ADSL, most of the time you're downloading so download speed should be paramount. Unless you don't have cable point :(

To be fair, some people get quite poor performance, but still managed 200-300 kbps. I consider myself lucky to get 1.7 Mbps.

For those that are interested in SNBB, you may want to check out HWZ.

There seems to be a promotion going on over there @ the garage sales forum.

Posted by those telemarketers... haha.

Originally posted by SNAG
For those that are interested in SNBB, you may want to check out HWZ.

There seems to be a promotion going on over there @ the garage sales forum.

Posted by those telemarketers... haha.

can you post a link? i've search for ages, but couldn't find anything about a promotion from there.

Originally posted by hwchoy
some one mentioned Maxonline.

I have been using it for the last 2½ years, very good, down time is like once a year (if it was while I'm using it). Download speed 1.7Mbps (I use netpersec to measure) and upload at 150kbps.

Don't understand why people would use ADSL, most of the time you're downloading so download speed should be paramount. Unless you don't have cable point :(

To be fair, some people get quite poor performance, but still managed 200-300 kbps. I consider myself lucky to get 1.7 Mbps.

you can consider yourself lucky.

a lot of my friends complain that cable speeds are close to that of a dial-up connection, especially during peak hours, and in areas with a higher density of cable users. cable is still using a shared pipe.

for cable, local sites are fast. but once you surf out of the country you'll be cursing.

Originally posted by munfai
you can consider yourself lucky.

a lot of my friends complain that cable speeds are close to that of a dial-up connection, especially during peak hours, and in areas with a higher density of cable users. cable is still using a shared pipe.

for cable, local sites are fast. but once you surf out of the country you'll be cursing.

it is not always true that remote site is slower than local sites. how much bandwidth the local sites purchase plays a part. European/Japan sites should be good deal slower than US sites. I know for a fact (although I don't work for them) the amount of bandwidth MaxOnline has going towards the US. And it is not true that local bandwidth is cheaper than US bandwidth.

There are people who suffers from low bandwidth even during off-peak. And there are people like me who has good performance even during peak. Something more than just traffic load is going on. I'm just happy I'm lucky, perhaps you can persuade ALL your neighbours to go for ADSL? Then you can have the cable to yourself :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.