Breastfeeding Photo Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... interesting response from a multitude of individuals.

I thought vivien only wanted to let you guys know that there's a photo competition to take part in... since when was it polite to lambast an invitation by saying the prizes are not good enough? or that it isn't appropriate to invite photographers and the campaign should be aimed at mothers? i know a real kick-ass french mother of 2 who's a pro at family portraits. so perhaps there may be mothers in this forum who're photography hobbyists as well?

Whatever the reasons, and the sidetracked opinions... the invitation is there for us to welcome and participate. if we lack ideas and have to discuss, then it would be worth posting... if not, the last time i checked, this wasn't posted under "kopitiam". if you invited guests to your house and they made a mess of your place and left rudely, you wouldn't feel pleased would you?

viven, you may wanna close this thread, since it's already served its purpose of informing us about the competition. i went to the website. very informative. thanks. good luck to those who're participating ;)

JermsDayOut said:
Hmm... interesting response from a multitude of individuals.

I thought vivien only wanted to let you guys know that there's a photo competition to take part in... since when was it polite to lambast an invitation by saying the prizes are not good enough? or that it isn't appropriate to invite photographers and the campaign should be aimed at mothers? i know a real kick-ass french mother of 2 who's a pro at family portraits. so perhaps there may be mothers in this forum who're photography hobbyists as well?

Whatever the reasons, and the sidetracked opinions... the invitation is there for us to welcome and participate. if we lack ideas and have to discuss, then it would be worth posting... if not, the last time i checked, this wasn't posted under "kopitiam". if you invited guests to your house and they made a mess of your place and left rudely, you wouldn't feel pleased would you?

viven, you may wanna close this thread, since it's already served its purpose of informing us about the competition. i went to the website. very informative. thanks. good luck to those who're participating ;)

Thanks for your defence! At least there are still guys out there who can view such feminist issues with an objective view. I hoped that those who have shown to be so narrow-minded here have watched Sat's Channel U documentary on breastfeeding.

What originated as my own goodwill ended up as some vicious ridicule on breastfeeding mums. There's really no point in allowing such insensitive remarks to spoil my day anymore. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.