BMW 325ci

Status
Not open for further replies.
the cost. havent add up, design in SG (by me and boeing's engineer), assembled in SG, parts made in US, AU and UK. as rev said. trade secret.
this rig is v1 only. it's just to test the boom strength. v2 is in progess to modify the boom strength.. and still waiting 2 more parts from US to arrive. the costs is in the thousands.. around SGD$6k

ya the only photoshop i did is to remove the rig.. the rest is pretty much straight out from cam. except for leveling, and color treatment.

can i ask a few questions pls:
1. is the right headlight missing? the angel light is on
2. what's that yellow thing on the front left wheel? Brake's brand
3. does the car seem unsually compressed? ya.. the boom wasnt extended fully. hence the distortion. by design the boom will extend up to 8m.

modification is to use aluminium alloy to increase it's rigitness. using aircraft aluminium for the modifications. that's about all i can reveal.

btw, Rev, US$800 cant drive with it. can only push.. this shot was done drive around 20km/h

bmwsg2.jpg

another image.. SMG gearbox. so we ended up drive around 20-30km/h?

AHHHH ... Sweet.. always loved beemers... :lovegrin: ...

Great shot by the way. Have seen how they rig movie cameras for shots like these.. should be the same approach. Its scary to think that the rig costs so much, but when you're doing photoshoots for car brochures / catalogs ...its worth every penny and the extra "oomph" given with the effect...

Both shots simply take my breath away being an avid car lover...

Hi, I think the shot is taken with wide angle, so the perspective....thus cannot see the right headlamp and it looks "compressed" in your terms.

2. The yellow thing is the rim balancer.....most car has this on their rim.:)

zoomzoomzoom said:
can i ask a few questions pls: :)
1. is the right headlight missing?
2. what's that yellow thing on the front left wheel?
3. does the car seem unsually compressed?

WAH ! Gorgeous ~ :thumbsup:

anka said:
the cost. havent add up, design in SG (by me and boeing's engineer), assembled in SG, parts made in US, AU and UK. as rev said. trade secret.
this rig is v1 only. it's just to test the boom strength. v2 is in progess to modify the boom strength.. and still waiting 2 more parts from US to arrive. the costs is in the thousands.. around SGD$6k

That is a lot of moola for a fixed type od shot, time to approach all car dealers for thier car adverts done by a pro:thumbsup:

Hey man... didn't know that my car will turn out in this forum as well. :)

Awesome shot... its everywhere now... on my phone, my computer wallpaper etc! It was a fun shoot as well.

Yellow thing is not rim balancer, its AP Racing brake caliper :) The AP Racing word is in yellow.

hey man! didnt know you come here too! lol register just to say hi to me ah? ^_^

$6k rig is huge. wonder what else you intend to mount there :think:
Need LTA approval? heh
alternatively, any consideration to easton's "workflow" (know what I really mean?) as opposed to the labor involved with mounting the rigs?

actually, I've seen similar shots using a $USD800 rig, push or drive at 20km/hr, dont think it matters if U can get smooth shots.

yeah.. me and easton are good pals. pretty much chat with him everyday. we are working on a new rig to extend beyond the 3m limit. so far mine has seen better luck. the US$800 rig has got major flaws as the conclusion of what a few of us have said.. the magnets dont stick, and the pivot is too weak. from another forum, so far noone has been able to drive it without the rig dropping off. LTA approval? lol you should have seen what it was like when we drove around. it was hilarious.. people stop to look as if we were making movies. you know lah.. the typical singapore kapo syndrome.

the new rig overcomes alot of limitations basically able to not just go horizontally but extend vertically also in all 360 degrees on all 3 axis. and also the enhanced clearence distance.

btw, the US$800 rig dont work on auto cars without Neutral. especially good cars with SMG/ triptronic. etc etc.

lol, we must be talking abt different USD800 rigs, know what I mean? because the USD800 included duct-tape =)

anyway for 6k, wonder if your rig has harmonic dampeners to compensate the suspension when driving? Like that bose acoustic suspension stuff hehe

off-topic, I think these 'rolling' wide-angle shots is a phase that's been around for 3-5yrs?. Sure, the wow-factor is sky-high, but it's shots that simply money can buy (just get a rig). So, I feel themed static shots is a bigger challenge, especially getting that location for the shot. some of tan meng choon's static shots comes to mind. And especially shooting cars at auto-shows, how does one make the car look good with an interesting angle? Mind sharing yr view? would love to hear it.

have seen some of mengchoon's stuff. i feel that it's overly processed. his images doesnt have a wow factor to me partially his images make the cars look docile. but that is just me. we are so different.

as for car shows.. lol no idea. i am so used to having someone adjusting the car until it's my liking. partially i have been shooting exotics/concept cars that will never hit the carshows. hence i didnt bother to go car shows.

nope no harmonic dampeners. i want to boom to vibrate with the car.. by design, i would be using electro magnet. capable of holding strength of max of 500kg.

rigged shots however is what the industry wants for the catalog, billboards and adverts.

Very Pro shot you got there!:thumbsup:

hey man,
thanks for sharing... interesting rig (wonder whats the setup time) & interesting view point; if I was in yr position, I wouldnt go to car shows either heh. forgot to mention I was talking about shooting for local car mags. dont think I have the capability to do adverts or billboards...

yea, my first impression of tan m.c's work is that its all overly processed for that 'surreal factor' and all the action shots look digitally 'unmoving' but there are a few shots in prime locations that surprised me.

ps: are the dbs black adverts on the gallardo & 360 yr work? i'm merely guessin since U have a $6K rig. and yes, I hate those 'kaypo' fkers, especially when they follow U. Police has been the least of interferences.

rig is for motion shots.. not still.

yep... I assumed U had a studio since you have a professional rig as an asset.

ya.. i just rent studio if needed.

anka said:
2. what's that yellow thing on the front left wheel? Brake's brand

AP Racing. An afterrmarket brake system.

nothing to say but ooohlalala :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.