Blue Thunder @ CBD, Singapore

eestrada0904

Dec 30, 2006
Singapore
HI Clubsnappers,

I would like to post my blue hour of Central Business District, a bit of luck that I captured some thunder lighting at the same time..

No editing was done because the lighting had provided a good exposure to me.

C n C are welcome and appreciated.

1. Thunder strike at the back of CBD area (lightining not yet visible)

4530683323_64081587ce_o.jpg

2. Thunder strike withing CBD area

4530745145_cbac354952_o.jpg

3. Thunder strike withing CBD area

4530614445_cda6b713d8_o.jpg

Settings for the three photos :

- F/8
- 0.4 sec (Not Bulb setting)
- Aperture mode
- 100 ISO
- 12mm Focal length
- Tripod mode with cable release
- No editing

Cheers,
Erik

Last edited:
That is nice! :thumbsup:

Nice shot and great moment

nice:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice Shot there. Epic moment

This is brilliantly captured! How did manage to do it? Or predict the lightning will be striking?

Hi Milo,

I manage do it by continuing pressing my shutter many times

Thank you again :)

Cheers,
ERik

Great shots. My kids will love these shots. :thumbsup:

Just a small correction: thunder is sound, lightning is, well, light. So should be lightning strikes. As "Lightning never strikes twice in the same place.";)

Oh wow this is impressive

I was at the same location last sunday chasing the lightning as well.

But no luck :(

Just a small correction: thunder is sound, lightning is, well, light. So should be lightning strikes. As "Lightning never strikes twice in the same place.";)

Thanks bro, hehehehehe

yeah hor.... I didn't realize that...!

anyway TS your #3 photo is pretty darn good. Quite difficult to repeat... hehehe.

thanks for sharing!

yeah hor.... I didn't realize that...!

anyway TS your #3 photo is pretty darn good. Quite difficult to repeat... hehehe.

thanks for sharing!

Nice captures of rather rare occurance. :) If u have the time try marketing these photos, might be worth your while ;)

Hi eestrada0904,

Like your lightning pictures! Congrats on your patience :) It paid-off very well I see.

Just make sure you stay safe when you take them next time!

Cheers :)

nice captures, now if you correct the vertical distortion, it will be really good.

#3 try cropping it to make the lightning in the center would make it more majestic...great shot!

#3 try cropping it to make the lightning in the center would make it more majestic...great shot!

Hi Greeko,

I have a picture of that, I will try to put a watermark then I will post it here :)

@ night86mare - Yes I will, thanks :)

@ dingaroo - I was scare at first but after i captured a couple of lightning shot I forgot it is dangerous because I was focusing on my camera all the time

@ Hooky3659 - hmmmm, let me try to do it :)

@ ZerocoolAstra - Yes I agree but I'm still waiting for another opportunity to chase again the lightning along the esplanade :)