Blank receipt and warranty card

Status
Not open for further replies.

unowho1

May 17, 2008
Hi,

I'm hoping to find an answer to my problem. Have a 6-month old Nikon 18-200 VR bought from HK. However, there is no date written on both the shop receipt and warranty card, hence no proof of date of purchase.

Will I run into problems when I send my lens to NSC for servicing?

Just find the same pen color and fill it up yourself. You can either be honest about the date of purchase or lie about it.

Hi,

I'm hoping to find an answer to my problem. Have a 6-month old Nikon 18-200 VR bought from HK. However, there is no date written on both the shop receipt and warranty card, hence no proof of date of purchase.

Nikon can chk with serial no. of the lens...:thumbsup:

Hi,

You just have to pay. NSC will probably not have the serial number of the lens in the local database.

Is that why we don't have to send in the completed copy of the warranty card or an application for warranty like with other brands?

This will not be in your best interest. The date which Nikon shipped out the lens to the shop is not likely to be the date which you have purchased the lens.

Imagine if the shop had held onto the lens for 12 mths b4 selling it.
This would then result in *no warranty*

Thanks for all the replies.

I guess the best course of action would be to fill in the date of purchase on the receipt myself, based on the date of purchase on my credit card bill, so as to avoid unwanted problems later at NSC...

then maybe u shd photocopy the credit card bill with the juicy info blanked out to act as ur proof of date of purchase.. hopefully they recognise it as legit ;)

Yup, if got receipt follow receipt's date.....if blank then they will check when they send to the shop as the correct date...:D
It seems that the dealers here always tear off the agent's copy of the warranty card whenever an item is sold and send it back to Nikon Singapore with the actual date of purchase. That's why we don't have a warranty card to complete and send to Nikon with each purchase. Nikon Singapore therefore would have the purchase dates assosiated with the serial nos of the purchased items in their local database.

It seems that the dealers here always tear off the agent's copy of the warranty card whenever an item is sold and send it back to Nikon Singapore with the actual date of purchase. That's why we don't have a warranty card to complete and send to Nikon with each purchase. Nikon Singapore therefore would have the purchase dates assosiated with the serial nos of the purchased items in their local database.

True...:D

Erm, HK set ?

Havent tried going to NSC to service overseas procured lenses on warranty though, but I'd figure you'd need a receipt for that from the HK shop ? I noe I got mine.....

If the date hasn't been filled out... I think that's to your advantage....

I just got my D40 about 3 weeks ago and I realise that there is an information sheet stating that the warrenty will be valid together with the proof of purchase n that will be the receipt or the credit card slip. I have since kept my receipt together with the blank warrenty card as my proof of warrenty start date.

I just got my D40 about 3 weeks ago and I realise that there is an information sheet stating that the warrenty will be valid together with the proof of purchase n that will be the receipt or the credit card slip. I have since kept my receipt together with the blank warrenty card as my proof of warrenty start date.

Anyway, if you don't have a proof of purchase, Nikon will default the purchase date to the date they receive the stock locally... So theoretically, if the stock is not stuck in the shop for too long, you don't lose much in terms of warranty.

If Nikon has the dealer's copy of the warranty then that would be a relief...
All the same, will probably follow the suggestion to bring a photocopy of my credit card bill.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Whoops, was using my colleague's computer / account .
Anyway, thanks for the info.

Wish me luck at NSC!

If Nikon has the dealer's copy of the warranty then that would be a relief...
All the same, will probably follow the suggestion to bring a photocopy of my credit card bill.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.