Black Nazarene

dolina

Jan 21, 2010
The Black Nazarene, known to devotees as Nuestro Padre Jesus Nazareno de Quiapo ("Our Father Jesus Nazarene of Quiapo"), is a life-sized, dark-coloured, wooden sculpture of Jesus Christ, held to be miraculous by many Filipino devotees. The Black Nazarene is currently enshrined in the Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo, Manila, Philippines.

The Feast of the Black Nazarene is celebrated every January 9 with the weekly Friday Masses held in its honour beginning on the first Friday of the year.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Nazarene

Andres Bonifacio Shrine by alabang, on Flickr

Plaza Miranda by alabang, on Flickr

Alpha Mounter by alabang, on Flickr

Ayala Bridge by alabang, on Flickr

Love is... by alabang, on Flickr

Nice shots.

For the first one, really a lot of interesting content to appreciate. Maybe you could reduce the white vignetting. Nothing something commonly seen here in singapore.

The Black Nazarene, known to devotees as Nuestro Padre Jesus Nazareno de Quiapo ("Our Father Jesus Nazarene of Quiapo"), is a life-sized, dark-coloured, wooden sculpture of Jesus Christ, held to be miraculous by many Filipino devotees. The Black Nazarene is currently enshrined in the Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo, Manila, Philippines.

The Feast of the Black Nazarene is celebrated every January 9 with the weekly Friday Masses held in its honour beginning on the first Friday of the year.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Nazarene

I love this! :)

Hi Paolo,
Nice street shots but as your thread title says, I don't see any related photos about the black nazarene especially the ayala bridge sepia photo. Manila street shots could have been the appropriate title for your thread. Just my opinion.

"Alpha Mounter"

Nice perspective of the event. Their perturbed expressions makes me imagine what they are seeing.

can u learn how to post flickr photos here? very tiring to click the links one by one.

it is very simple to post flickr photos here.

Hi Paolo,
Nice street shots but as your thread title says, I don't see any related photos about the black nazarene especially the ayala bridge sepia photo. Manila street shots could have been the appropriate title for your thread. Just my opinion.

That's a thought but all the shots were done during the Nuestro Padre Jesus Nazareno de Quiapo.

Blessings by alabang, on Flickr

Jesus! by alabang, on Flickr

Black Nazarene by alabang, on Flickr

Black Nazarene by alabang, on Flickr

Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? by alabang, on Flickr

sinned79 all the photos are hotlinked onto clubsnap. The problem of viewing my images may be a problem on your end. Are you using any form of content filtering on your browser?

idi0tekue thanks