Bikini Studio Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro Image said:
Hi this is not to add on to flame this thread.

It's a little over the edge for your pricing.

You should reconsider pricing them a little lower. Most of the members who joined model shoots are amatuer/serious hobbyist who just want to learn a little more about how working photographers shoot working models.

I hope you understand.

Guys no need to add in more fuel as we can see where this will be going. Should give a chance to the original poster to sort some things out. Those who have organise will know how difficult it was.

Thanks for your thoughts. Actually, for your info. the cost we pay to the titled models higher then the normal models.:sweat: Models will be fully pro. make-up & hairstyling

Flash Light said:
Thanks for your thoughts. Actually, for your info. the cost we pay to the titled models higher then the normal models.:sweat: Models will be fully pro. make-up & hairstyling

ai yo, brother ... negotiate with the models lo ... what's with the title ? it's a small scale event ... it's not MISS WORLD, MISS UNIVERSE, SUPERMODEL OF THE WORLD OR ALIKE .... must be realistic :devil: If they were celebrities or public figures, it's a different story :)

I pity you then :sweat: GOOD LUCK in your coming shoot

Flash Light said:

Members are more concern about the $$$$ than anything else. Serious!

If you have joined as a member long enough, you will know as there are regular members who loved to joined model shoot. Some take their time off to shoot EVERY WEEK!

Although you are providing pro make-up and hairstyling, it's still expensive.

Anyway still good luck on you!

Pro Image said:
Members are more concern about the $$$$ than anything else. Serious!

If you have joined as a member long enough, you will know as there are regular members who loved to joined model shoot. Some take their time off to shoot EVERY WEEK!

Although you are providing pro make-up and hairstyling, it's still expensive.

Anyway still good luck on you!

Appreciated your advise. Need to discuss with the models about the cost. Hope we can lower the cost. Thank you pro image.

I notice that you call this session a "workshop".

My understanding is that a "workshop" is one where there is a teacher/instructor teaching/coaching/giving instructions to participants. The primary purpose of a "workshop" is not to make great photos, but to learn a skill.

May I know who is this instructor? This teacher who is conducting this workshop? May I know his credentials please?

There are a lot of ambiguity with the orignal post. The tread topic said "Bikini Studio Shoot"

student said:

My understanding is that a "workshop" is one where there is a teacher/instructor teaching/coaching/giving instructions to participants. The primary purpose of a "workshop" is not to make great photos, but to learn a skill.

May I know who is this instructor? This teacher who is conducting this workshop? May I know his credentials please?
There are a lot of ambiguity with the orignal post. The tread topic said "Bikini Studio Shoot" and the description said "Fashion Workshot". Also, while advertising that this is a bikini shoot, the description of the costume models will be wearing is "casual" and "bikini top". At the end of the day, this is an expansive model shoot.

student said:

This session with a 8 yrs experience fashion photography guidance conducting this workshop.

Flash Light said:
This session with a 8 yrs experience fashion photography guidance conducting this workshop.

:rbounce: wa... so cool ! who is he /she ? :think: Tell us, leh .... usually take for which magazine ?

Cant be Wee Khim as he has more than twelve years liao :lovegrin:

razor said:
I suggest u close this thread and repost with the nec details. I think its cleaner that way.

All the best!

I agree with Razin.

Can the Admin either erase or close this and start a new thread? Looks messy.

Guys.....this is the first time the original poster is holding a model shoot. I think we should advice rather than reprimand him.

Flash Light, I hope you can make it clear to all the members about your intention as they are going to pay for your workshop. So I think it's right for them to know what is happening.

Thanks!

by looking at all previous posts, i think most of us can hardly fork out $200 for some model shoot. $200 by all means is quite a sum of money. seriously dude, if the price can be lowered like 50% or so, then maybe there would be takers.

btw, we don't really need posh studio for the shoot. that's where the bulk of the fee goes to. a simple studio with adequate lighting should do the trick.

just me two cents.

oh... my favorite Autobabe is Anastasia. i would love to shoot her again. but then again, the price is a killer.

Model - possibly $100- $400 for 4 hours?
makeup and hair styling - possibly from $60- $150 ?(ppl in the industry definitely get better rates)
styling clothes rental possibly? - $100 (could we be talking abt upmarket lingerie or high-fashion label?)

$200 x 6 = $1200
$1200-$400 = $800 in 4 hours. nice.

market forces will determine the success of your shoot.

my advice, could u look through the other threads in here to have a feel of the response of model shoots and rates. good luck.

Pro Image said:
I agree with Razin.

Can the Admin either erase or close this and start a new thread? Looks messy.

Guys.....this is the first time the original poster is holding a model shoot. I think we should advice rather than reprimand him.

Flash Light, I hope you can make it clear to all the members about your intention as they are going to pay for your workshop. So I think it's right for them to know what is happening.

Thanks!

Will take ur advise n re-organised this thread. Thks pro image

Status
Not open for further replies.