Beware of overhead bridge speed check camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jsbn said:
Well, there are many who sought to cut corners, either by legal loopholes or illegally. So dun worry, u will fit in.

Those who don't cut corners are those who will never fit in.

And of cos, I drive like an old man on the roads so if there's anyone standing out on the roads, it would be me. :bsmilie:

Well, one shld never speed at anytime. Not only u pose a risk to others, but to urself as well. Ok, enuff with the old man preachin'. :bsmilie:

and to think i tot most singaporeans esp those in more lime light are of that sort.

but then... i dun care much for those who pretend to be so.....

as long as u get out of the way of those who need to move a faster speed.... :think:

jsbn said:
Its obvious most don't. :bsmilie: Thus they hailed Traffic Police's actions of 'hiding behind bushes' and on overhead bridges as 'sneaky' and 'not supposed to'. :bsmilie:

Your not supposed to speed so technically they can do what they like to catch you, i see nothing wrong with hiding, i also think the sign's warning people that they are approaching a speed camera should be removed.

Based on the replies I've read so far (and I'm not implying anybody, so if u get defensive and "own up" that's your pasar), I can see that a good number of people who've shared their views either drive 5 tonne trucks which hug the extreme left lane and crawl, or they don't drive at all. :bsmilie:

(I know of at least one poster here who's never got behind a wheel... too young.)

Either that or you've had a friend/family member killed in a road accident whereby someone was speeding. My condolences. Speeding is bad.

Nisa said:
The key thing is not to speed!!! ;)
But they can be quite the sneaky! :p
i always speed and then when i come NEARer to them, i will purposely brake and roll down my window and WAVES!!! :devil:
If you see them, you would already have been caught by them.. They can pin you from a long distance away, don't yaya too much..

yanyewkay said:
If you see them, you would already have been caught by them.. They can pin you from a long distance away, don't yaya too much..

some of us gong, bo pian.;)

I always love papaya BTW :devil:

I'm not sure if u know it, but a sudden brake can also constitute demerit points and a fine for causing near accident. ;)

jsbn said:
I'm not sure if u know it, but a sudden brake can also constitute demerit points and a fine for causing near accident. ;)

:bigeyes: apply brake oso will get fine and demerit points one ah!! :sweat:

If the driver behind lodges a complaint to TP, u will kena.

anyone notice a camera built in the center near the marine parade exit? wonder what is it for? looks like a cam to catch speeding

Haha I shall setup my tripod & cam on overhead bridge to take night traffic shots! Nisa remember to jam brake, wind down window & wave at me ok? :D

gundugundu said:
Haha I shall setup my tripod & cam on overhead bridge to take night traffic shots! Nisa remember to jam brake, wind down window & wave at me ok? :D

U have to tell me which bridge mah! ;)

jsbn said:
If the driver behind lodges a complaint to TP, u will kena.

I don't think if a person complain i should just accept it. I think i will definitely go to the TP and ask for evidence. Someone complain i would get it, then i would have my lic revoked a long time ago! :sweat:

That would remind me.

When I get my car in a couple of years time, install a video camera on the bumper or on the dashboard. ;)

jsbn said:
That would remind me.

When I get my car in a couple of years time, install a video camera on the bumper or on the dashboard. ;)

wooo cool! :devil:

Our roads are not that long that we need to go at speeds of 140 to 180 km per hr. I personally know of some people, guys and some girls who want to prove that they are superior in driving as compared to the average driver who chugs along at 80 km per hour. Cutting in and out of traffic, speeding, aggressive driving and all hell breaking loose when they get behind the wheel of a highly powered car. Reasons given are

1) I have been driving since 15 (Family is loaded hence parents gave kid a car to drive before even getting license)
2) My uncle/father/cousin/some family member is so and so, some famous race car driver in the 70s or 80s. Hence I come from a racing family
3) I pride myself in my driving skills, you know that time I was going at 140 along ECP and I even raced with the TP....

People like this get killed and in worse case scenarios get people killed. Passengers or other road users. For those who say "Its okay to speed as long as the road is clear... and anything happens, only I die" Well think of your parents... did they raise you up to get killed in a car accident? And in the case of the guy who killed the car agent when his car he was test driving went of of control. The car flew to the opposite side of the road and fell on another car... its a miracle the couple didnt die.

I have a friend who used to race in Melbourne, drove a high powered car, A Nissan GTR. Many a times when he was driving along the freeways, drivers in souped up cars will challenged him. Either by swerving in front of him and jamming their brakes or honking at him or doing other stupid things to get him agitated and race. but he just remained calm and said this to me once. To me you want to race? Then if you have the guts, come with me to the race track where we race. Not here where an accident can kill not only us but an innocent bystander.

jsbn said:
That would remind me.

fwah...going into stock footage? haha. or if wan to intimidate ppl but wan to save money, maybe can go to Homefix buy those dummy video cameras....does the job:bsmilie:

Sjourn said:
anyone notice a camera built in the center near the marine parade exit? wonder what is it for? looks like a cam to catch speeding

If the camera mount on the lamp post then should be use for monitor traffic only.

jsbn said:
That would remind me.

How about bought a speed camera detector from US and use here to detect the speed camera use in singapore. :bsmilie:

So from far you know there is speed camera ahead few hundred meter away. :bigeyes:

centuryegg said:
Our roads are not that long that we need to go at speeds of 140 to 180 km per hr. I personally know of some people, guys and some girls who want to prove that they are superior in driving as compared to the average driver who chugs along at 80 km per hour. Cutting in and out of traffic, speeding, aggressive driving and all hell breaking loose when they get behind the wheel of a highly powered car. Reasons given are

1) I have been driving since 15 (Family is loaded hence parents gave kid a car to drive before even getting license)
2) My uncle/father/cousin/some family member is so and so, some famous race car driver in the 70s or 80s. Hence I come from a racing family
3) I pride myself in my driving skills, you know that time I was going at 140 along ECP and I even raced with the TP....

People like this get killed and in worse case scenarios get people killed. Passengers or other road users. For those who say "Its okay to speed as long as the road is clear... and anything happens, only I die" Well think of your parents... did they raise you up to get killed in a car accident? And in the case of the guy who killed the car agent when his car he was test driving went of of control. The car flew to the opposite side of the road and fell on another car... its a miracle the couple didnt die.

I have a friend who used to race in Melbourne, drove a high powered car, A Nissan GTR. Many a times when he was driving along the freeways, drivers in souped up cars will challenged him. Either by swerving in front of him and jamming their brakes or honking at him or doing other stupid things to get him agitated and race. but he just remained calm and said this to me once. To me you want to race? Then if you have the guts, come with me to the race track where we race. Not here where an accident can kill not only us but an innocent bystander.
I know I have a bad mouth, but each time I see an extremely aggressive driver or motorcyclist who thinks the road's Need for Speed Underground, Too Fast Too Furious or 'Lie Huo Zhan Che', I would say the word, "Boom" whenever the bugger whizzes by.

Maybe my effort alone isn't enuff. We shld all have a concerted effort where each time we see a reckless driver whizz by us, we just say the word "Boom".

Who knows? It might just work and take 1 more irresponsible bugger off the road, off the society, off this country and off this world for good.

dr34mc4st3r said:
fwah...going into stock footage? haha. or if wan to intimidate ppl but wan to save money, maybe can go to Homefix buy those dummy video cameras....does the job:bsmilie:
I drive too slowly to go into stock footage. :bsmilie:

Of cos, if that idiot in front decides to e-brake to wave to TP on duty, a running video camera and a complaint lodged to TP with non-disputable evidence of the idiot causing a near accident would be great. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.