Best Bridging Camera for Wildlife Photography

duffo

Dec 30, 2010
Hi there, I'm looking for some advice on a good setup for wildlife photography that isn't too costly.

I started out with a Canon 600D and mainly used a prime 200mm f2.8 lens but eventually went for a Panasonic fz1000 as I used to travel for work and found that lugging around a dslr kit with a few lenses was just not the best option for convenience.

I wasn't very pleased with the fz1000 as I found that the pictures were not as sharp and the colours were dull and required more post-processing.

Eventually I sold that off and stopped for a few years. I would prefer to start again with a bridging camera and was looking at the Sony RX10 IV which currently seems to be one of the better options out there under this category. Anyone has any thoughts on this camera or other camera options that are similar?

Thanks in advance!

On paper Rx10 mk4 looks good.
1. Long lens 24 -600mm equivalent
f2.4 -4.
2. 1in. BSI sensor.
3. Same image processor as A9 but
only 1 used I think.
4. 24 frames burst rate.
5. Phase detect auto focus.
6. Weather sealed.
7. Shoot 4k video.
8. Touch screen LCD.

Well go for it and find the best offer you can get. Amazon may have used ones for cheaper.

Last edited:
On paper Rx10 mk4 looks good.
1. Long lens 24 -600mm equivalent
f2.4 -4.
2. 1in. BSI sensor.
3. Same image processor as A9 but
only 1 used I think.
4. 24 frames burst rate.
5. Phase detect auto focus.
6. Weather sealed.
7. Shoot 4k video.
8. Touch screen LCD.

Well go for it and find the best offer you can get. Amazon may have used ones for cheaper.

Thanks for sharing your opinion! Will keep a lookout for good deals over 11.11 and Christmas :)