Beijing 2008 Olympics Closing Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget Beckham, umbrellas and Led Zeppelin :)

Each city or country has their unique culture, so I see no point in London trying to emulate Beijing on their scale of grandeur. In fact I hope to see a more laid back kind of Olympic at London. Also London should make full use of their musical culture for their opening/closing ceremonies, like their West End or the various famous rock stars etc etc.

I thought that the Closing Ceremony was quite boring compared to the jaw-dropping Opening Ceremony. It is as if Zhang Yimou spent the bulk of the budget on the Opening Ceremony and was left with peanuts for the Closing Ceremony.

Especially anti-climatic was the dousing of the Olympic flame... after the dramatic lighting of the flame by Li Ning. Macam like the way we turn off the gas burner at home. :what:

The fireworks were spectacular though. After this, the whole world will know that nobody but nobody does fireworks like the Chinese... countdown-by-fireworks, Olympic-ring-by-fireworks... I am impressed. :)

The audio do have some problem. 3 to 4 times keep switching between stereo and mono.

Anyone find there's audio problem when watching the closing ceremony?

The audio do have some problem. 3 to 4 times keep switching between stereo and mono.

Did not experience that, but quite pissed off with the commentators voice, could not hear what the speakers are trying to say:angry:

I thought that the Closing Ceremony was quite boring compared to the jaw-dropping Opening Ceremony. It is as if Zhang Yimou spent the bulk of the budget on the Opening Ceremony and was left with peanuts for the Closing Ceremony.

Especially anti-climatic was the dousing of the Olympic flame... after the dramatic lighting of the flame by Li Ning. Macam like the way we turn off the gas burner at home. :what:

The fireworks were spectacular though. After this, the whole world will know that nobody but nobody does fireworks like the Chinese... countdown-by-fireworks, Olympic-ring-by-fireworks... I am impressed. :)

Actually I was trying to say that the closing ceremony is spectacular but not better than the opening ceremony off course.

Really very impressed with the fireworks. I think those past international fireworks festival in singapore really cannot fight with theirs

Don't forget Beckham, umbrellas and Led Zeppelin :)

Led Zeppelin :thumbsup:!

Each city or country has their unique culture, so I see no point in London trying to emulate Beijing on their scale of grandeur. In fact I hope to see a more laid back kind of Olympic at London. Also London should make full use of their musical culture for their opening/closing ceremonies, like their West End or the various famous rock stars etc etc.

I think London will be more laid-back and I'm sure there will be lots of music and famous rock stars, no doubt.

Yahh... opening ceremony is better but it makes more sense to have a better opening ceremony. That is the first impression so very important.
But yeahhh... was surprised how the off'ed the Olympic flame. I think that might have got cut-off by the ads... suddenly I just saw that it was not burning already and don't know how it got turned off also. :(

Yeahhh... the way they interject all the ads really sucks...

I like the Olympic rings fireworks... cool!

Does anyone knows where I can find the live stream of the closing ceremony from the internet?

Tried finding but to no avail.

Thanks

Try searching "beijing olympics closing ceremony torrent".
Need to add the word "torrent".

Led Zeppelin :thumbsup:!

I think London will be more laid-back and I'm sure there will be lots of music and famous rock stars, no doubt.

Yahh... opening ceremony is better but it makes more sense to have a better opening ceremony. That is the first impression so very important.
But yeahhh... was surprised how the off'ed the Olympic flame. I think that might have got cut-off by the ads... suddenly I just saw that it was not burning already and don't know how it got turned off also. :(

Yeahhh... the way they interject all the ads really sucks...

I like the Olympic rings fireworks... cool!

Try searching "beijing olympics closing ceremony torrent".
Need to add the word "torrent".

Thanks bro:)

I watched in China, on CCTV, there are some events recap and behind the scenes stuff to see. Watched till 1230 midnight. One word, Shiok!

Wah so fast on sale???

Yesterday just ended, today on sale. Even DHL + custom clearance also takes more than a day:what:
Think that's the Opening Ceremony DVD by CCTV. Selling in Chinatown too.

sooo....now the paralympics and then Singapore Youth Olympics.....

wonder how Singapore will populate the venues with audience

Watched the BBC today and they are still playing up the media freedom issue because they can't quite bring themselves to admit China did an outstanding effort in the organizing and running of the games. :thumbsd:

Looking at the comical new London Mayor Boris Johnston (BoJo) who can't even hold up the Olympic flag and the so-so double decker umbrella/Beckham routine is so passe. As much as the Brits can claim to already started their Olympic venue construction early, the writing is already on the wall for massive screw-ups like that of Terminal 5...

China has set such a high standard that there is no way in hell the Brits can remotely come close to matching.

Watched the BBC today and they are still playing up the media freedom issue because they can't quite bring themselves to admit China did an outstanding effort in the organizing and running of the games. :thumbsd:

Looking at the comical new London Mayor Boris Johnston (BoJo) who can't even hold up the Olympic flag and the so-so double decker umbrella/Beckham routine is so passe. As much as the Brits can claim to already started their Olympic venue construction early, the writing is already on the wall for massive screw-ups like that of Terminal 5...

China has set such a high standard that there is no way in hell the Brits can remotely come close to matching.

I totally agree with you on that. It will be very difficult for future olympics hosting country to match china's standard.

Can you imagine performance that is made up mainly of 1.4 million larbour instead of mainly computer graphics that is commonly used by western countries.

On top of that, if I am not wrong,many of them are volunteers. Personally don't think that any country other than china will be able to source that amount of volunteers to do those physically strenuous performance integrating some aerobatics.

With so many volunteers, China's expenditure for this olympics is still an astronomical amount of 43 billion! I think not many countries will be able to afford that amount.

sooo....now the paralympics and then Singapore Youth Olympics.....

wonder how Singapore will populate the venues with audience

with retirees! :bsmilie:

sounds rather insulting i admit, but think of it this way. how many locals can afford time-off to attend the games. unlikely bosses will give time-off to staff wanting to catch the games 'live', unless schools were given special concessions to miss classes.

another oni viable way is to sell package tours overseas, attending the games as part of a larger draw.

I think London would be pretty costly for us to attend the Olympics.

Do anyone has any ideas how much does a barest Contiki trip to London to attend the Opening Ceremony + some other matches? Im planning to have a one week trip to London in 2012 to attend the Opening Ceremony :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.