Battle of e Camera brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend's cam is a RANGER......... i think this is solid for nature photography - in the woods....:sweat:

What I noticed is that in most of south east asia, you only see people buying and using the top 2 brands, while in Tokyo I noticed a good distribution of the other brands as well being widely used.

Some people do more research before buying.

Others just blindly follow the "fashionable trends".

People in the U.S.A. pretty much blindly follow two brands, but amongst the younger since they don't remember the very strong other brands and how everything was a lot more interesting in the 1970s and 1980s.

"Well, my friend said that they were the best." or "All the rest are garbage." are great reasons to follow the leaders. :eek:

"Well, my friend said that they were the best." or "All the rest are garbage." are great reasons to follow the leaders. :eek:

Yup. I even hear that in the "reputable" shops here. I was told once by an "expert" that the Nikon D200 at 1600 ISO is still clean while the Sony A100 was "unusable". Then I pointed out to him that the sensors are basically the same, really. And then he "dared" me to do a comparison shot with an in-store D200 and compare on his laptop.

Result: Both cams had a lot of noise, and the A100 looked like it actually had more detail. He shut up after that. :p

Too many people talk big but never actually know what they're talking about. They just blindly parrot what the brother of a friend's cousin's sister's boyfriend told their classmate donkey years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.