Band of Brothers - any1 watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do anybody watch the Special Edition DVD on Band of Brothers? It encoded in 6 Multi Languages DTS and Dolby Digital Sound. The best of all my DVD Collection. I have dub a set to my friend, using DVD-R or we call DVD-5. 12 Disc Full Qty in 1:1 dub.;)

Originally posted by KCBox
Do anybody watch the Special Edition DVD on Band of Brothers? It encoded in 6 Multi Languages DTS and Dolby Digital Sound. The best of all my DVD Collection. I have dub a set to my friend, using DVD-R or we call DVD-5. 12 Disc Full Qty in 1:1 dub.;)

Huh? What special edition DVD is there for BoB??? I have not heard about it and so far they only had the one in the tin box for R1.... Where can we get this special edition???

I've watched it that David Swcimmer starring the role of a captain,
quite gung ho, I m impressed, but later part of the show he also cock up(trainning phase).

The show is inspiring, how selflessness could bring Lt Winter to become Major, before the War even end. damn good.

I bought the Collectors Set(Tin box) from Amazon.Ca for SGD114, includes shipping. Much cheaper than Amazon, or even locally. This was months ago, when the DVD was first released in North America. Knew I couldn't wait for it to arrive in SG.

There were nude scenes and a sex scene that were censored in the local HBO screening on SCV. That's why the DVD was banned when it was first out. But i'm not sure whether the DVD version selling in SG now is uncut or also censored. The VCD is confirmed censored one lah...

Winters used an M1 Garand, not a Lee-Enfield. The Enfield was used by the Tommies. Yup, the drill squad uses Enfields, which are hand-me-downs from the Brits. That's what u were handling Larry...:D

Originally posted by kongg
If u guys like the movies like SPR or BOB, and if u like computer games, try the Close Combat(CC) Series of war games.

1)Close Combat
2)Close Combat 2 "A bridge too far"
3)Close Combat 3 "The Russian Front"
4)Close Combat 4 "Battle of the Bulge"
5)Close Combat 5 "Normandy"

I am a game fan of these games and there were many scenarios that parallel those in BOB and SPR. Ie Omaha Beach, Bastogne. And I get to play the Germans!!Btw, any CC gamers out there??

My favorite is SUDDEN STRIKE II. Very realistic RTS WW2 game! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by finkster
I bought the Collectors Set(Tin box) from Amazon.Ca for SGD114, includes shipping. Much cheaper than Amazon, or even locally. This was months ago, when the DVD was first released in North America. Knew I couldn't wait for it to arrive in SG.

I got the tin box version for SGD99.90 from Eastpoint Mall. I haven't watched it yet.

C'mon... go n watch n tell us if it was censored or not...

Once I got my set, got my buddies together to watch it from head to tail. Siong man... marathon session of BoB.

yah asked the guy in the shop he says they censored the part where they were having sex.
funny the code 3 set i bought in taiwan wasnt though. :D

Hmmm... but doesn't really matter to me if they censored scenes like that. I saw both censored and uncensored versions. The important part are the combat scenes and the interaction between the men of Easy.

But knowing that u have a censored version might give u a feeling that u are not getting a 'complete' viewing experience, even though it may be an unimportant scene, like sex scenes or the shots of the naked butts of men bathing.

Just some info for you guys out there...

SAFTI Military Institute Library houses a VHS copy of BoB.... And its totally uncensored. But one thing is that it is full screen, and w/o subtitles..

I have borrowed and watched it, but the darn problem is that there's one tape (Tape 3) where it got overwritten. Shucks. ;(

I'm not sure whether it is only for enlistees + regulars/ public (since the library is open to the public as well).

But it houses a heck lot of war videos and stuff + Jane's journals as well.... You guys may want to do a catalogue check online @ www.nlb.gov.sg

C'mon... go n watch n tell us if it was censored or not...

No sex scene was ever found. I guess I got the censored version. :cry:

Now I am curious....

If I'm not mistaken, it's in the early part of Ep 9, where the U.S. private is screwing this fraulein(German girl), then Lieutenant Spiers walks into the room to get his loot. Nothing much really...:devil:

Originally posted by kongg
If u guys like the movies like SPR or BOB, and if u like computer games, try the Close Combat(CC) Series of war games.

1)Close Combat
2)Close Combat 2 "A bridge too far"
3)Close Combat 3 "The Russian Front"
4)Close Combat 4 "Battle of the Bulge"
5)Close Combat 5 "Normandy"

I am a game fan of these games and there were many scenarios that parallel those in BOB and SPR. Ie Omaha Beach, Bastogne. And I get to play the Germans!!Btw, any CC gamers out there??

me... big time fan of Close combat.. played all except the 1st one.
I find this game very realistic unlike your C&C...
like line of sight and tactical advantage when your troops are on higher ground. with proper planning, your outnumbered troops can wipe the entire enemy forces. things

cool game!

:thumbsup:

The battle in Bastogne is my favourite episode.. very emotional as it was a test for the band of brothers.. can imagine the intensity of the shelling when i was watching it..

If I'm not mistaken, it's in the early part of Ep 9, where the U.S. private is screwing this fraulein(German girl), then Lieutenant Spiers walks into the room to get his loot. Nothing much really...:devil:

Ok, but like you said, it gives me the feeling of lack of a complete viewing experience. :(

Jokes aside, I do agree with you all that BoB is one hell of a good movie. I was kinda disappointed though with the previous HBO's WWII movie, "When Trumpets Fade". That's exactly why I wasn't excited at all when I read about HBO releasing BoB. Now after finally watching it, I believe you all!
:thumbsup:

By the way, the BoB DVD version is widely available now island wide around S$99. The VCD set costs around $49 (but why bother getting the VCD version?) :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.