Bali

Ya. i was thinking of visiting the traditional mkts over there. Don't think will do any spa or massage though.
My flight is at 3pm on the 23rd. Is it worth gg to uluwatu? We are quite wary of the monkeys there.

Btw any recommendations on what to do at bratan besides the temple? i want to visit some local villages but couldnt find any info on them.

There is a market at Candikuning, quite close to Lake Bratan. Also due to the elevation, I find the padi terraces quite nice around that area. Worth exploring for a good shooting spot.
Local villages I'm not too familiar with, I'm afraid.
If you relax in the hotel on the last day, then no point to go Uluwatu I guess.

Thanks!

I will be staying at

Nikko Bali Resort & Spa
Jl Raya Nusa Dua Selatan, Nusa Dua, Bali

Is there anywhere nearby for:
Cheap massage
Street Photography or landscape

I will be staying at

Nikko Bali Resort & Spa
Jl Raya Nusa Dua Selatan, Nusa Dua, Bali

Is there anywhere nearby for:
Cheap massage
Street Photography or landscape

Nusa Dua is kind of on its own at the south-eastern corner of Bali. There are a lot of luxurious hotels over there. Not sure if cheap massage is available. I saw lots around the more touristy areas like Sanur and Kuta/Legian. I still prefer Ubud though.
Street photography and landscape opportunities should be plentiful :)

You might be able to look across the sea to Gunung Agung on a clear day :thumbsup:

If you have time you can stay 1 night at Lovina to catch the dolphins in the early mornings.

5673594288_cbe5605079.jpg

anyone try Waterbom in Bali?

anyone try Waterbom in Bali?

Was there 3 weeks ago, spent entire day with family. great fund. Food inside surprisingly quite ok.
bear in mind that the park is at Kuta. We left at 5.45pm, and by 7pm , we were still at Kuta, only a short distance away. heavey jam at that area. plan ahead.

Thanks for info. Actual can spend time to shop in Discovery mall to avoid traffic jam during that period.

What is the charges ?
Was there 3 weeks ago, spent entire day with family. great fund. Food inside surprisingly quite ok.
bear in mind that the park is at Kuta. We left at 5.45pm, and by 7pm , we were still at Kuta, only a short distance away. heavey jam at that area. plan ahead.

bali travel advice from me :)

transportation
better you search for car+driver first before you go to bali . if you have international license , you can rent for car (no need driver)
for avanza (7 people ) or APV ( 8 people) . better avanza.they will give you at airport and return that car in airport too (save taxi fee)

rent car only
- is 24 Hour, you can drive whatever you like.
- but you need a GPS (i think a lot of mobile phone have it) with google map.
- Bali people so nice , you can ask direction to them .
- car only = Rp.175.000 not including the gas 油(Rp. 4500 / liter)

rent car with driver
- not full day, i mean like 8 - 12 hour only
- driver can be your local guide.
- car + driver = Rp. 250.000 - Rp. 400.000 depend on where you want to go, they can give you advice.

you can rent a motorbike (rp.50.000). i like to rent motorbike when i need go around kuta.

for stay
i like to stay in Tune hotel in double six seminyak hotel. price Rp.100.000 - Rp.300.000 depend on promotion check the web.
Kuta is too crowded and traffic so bad. seminyak is not far from kuta (kuta - Legian - seminyak share sama beach). and the beach is better than kuta (i think).
or if you go with more people, you can rent the town house. recommended : seminyak town house : Rp 950.000 / night , 2 bedroom. still near the double six beach.

Just back from Bali for a short vacation.

Places visited :
- Lake Bratan
- Lake Buyan
- Lake Tamblingan
- Lake Batur
- Mount Batur
- Pura Tanah Lot
- Pura Tmn Ayun
- Tegallalang
- Ubud Market
- Kuta Beach
- Seminyak Beach
- Jimbaran Beach
and etc...... Bali quite a good place for relax. Spend a week would be the best.

IMG_3468.jpg

Last edited:
If you have time you can stay 1 night at Lovina to catch the dolphins in the early mornings.

5673594288_cbe5605079.jpg

Wow, been to Bali twice and I don't know about this beautiful beach with dolphins!!!
How long does it take to travel from Kuta area to Lovina?

Hi Pros~

Will be going to Bali this weekend for a 6D5N trip. Staying around Kuta and going around with some typical tourist place following a tour guided package. Will be travelling with my GF who not really into shooting. Got some question to ask:

1. Is there a lot of time you all shoot with tripod? Only can think of shooting sunset (not a morning guy, so hardly will wake up at 5am for sunrise hehe) and those couple shoot. Travelling 2 people always no friends to help for group photo :( I only got a free Canon tripod which is quite heavy and long, thinking of buying a Sirui T1204x or T1205x.

2. A lot of instances where flash is needed? Shooting at night? I totally new using flash, so know nothing about flash... can foresee I get crappy photo with the flash firing straight to her face hehe. Or just open up the aperture and shoot in higher ISO without flash? Planning to buy the 430ex mk 2 if need...

3. Finally, anyone know where to buy the adapter for charger those, around how much ah? Bali is that 2 pin round plug from Google.

Thank you!

Hi Pros~

Will be going to Bali this weekend for a 6D5N trip. Staying around Kuta and going around with some typical tourist place following a tour guided package. Will be travelling with my GF who not really into shooting. Got some question to ask:

1. Is there a lot of time you all shoot with tripod? Only can think of shooting sunset (not a morning guy, so hardly will wake up at 5am for sunrise hehe) and those couple shoot. Travelling 2 people always no friends to help for group photo :( I only got a free Canon tripod which is quite heavy and long, thinking of buying a Sirui T1204x or T1205x.

2. A lot of instances where flash is needed? Shooting at night? I totally new using flash, so know nothing about flash... can foresee I get crappy photo with the flash firing straight to her face hehe. Or just open up the aperture and shoot in higher ISO without flash? Planning to buy the 430ex mk 2 if need...

3. Finally, anyone know where to buy the adapter for charger those, around how much ah? Bali is that 2 pin round plug from Google.

Thank you!

Your questions sound like they mainly belong to Newbies Corner rather than Travel Photography section :)
Tripod is always useful, but it depends on whether you're willing to carry it around and what you're planning to shoot. Get one if you think you'll find it useful.

Same advice for flash photography. All depends on what you want to achieve. I do believe that using a flash without knowing how to use it effectively, then expecting wonderful results straight off the bat, is asking for too much :)

Generally the European-style 2-pin electrical sockets are used. A lot of electrical appliances sold in Singapore use the 2 pin flat plug
UL-Two-Round-Pin-Plug-with-Power-Wire.jpg

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00zvKaWQNnZgok/UL-Two-Round-Pin-Plug-with-Power-Wire.jpg

and that works fine over in Bali.
Adapter can be easily found in those neighbourhood discount stores (or stores like Best Denki).

Your questions sound like they mainly belong to Newbies Corner rather than Travel Photography section :)
Tripod is always useful, but it depends on whether you're willing to carry it around and what you're planning to shoot. Get one if you think you'll find it useful.

Same advice for flash photography. All depends on what you want to achieve. I do believe that using a flash without knowing how to use it effectively, then expecting wonderful results straight off the bat, is asking for too much :)

Generally the European-style 2-pin electrical sockets are used. A lot of electrical appliances sold in Singapore use the 2 pin flat plug
UL-Two-Round-Pin-Plug-with-Power-Wire.jpg

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00zvKaWQNnZgok/UL-Two-Round-Pin-Plug-with-Power-Wire.jpg

and that works fine over in Bali.
Adapter can be easily found in those neighbourhood discount stores (or stores like Best Denki).

Newbie travelling to Bali so ask here hehe, sorry sorry, last minute preparation then become desperate. Thanks thanks for the 2 pin plug picture. I thought is some special shape head. Happy weekend~

Newbie travelling to Bali so ask here hehe, sorry sorry, last minute preparation then become desperate. Thanks thanks for the 2 pin plug picture. I thought is some special shape head. Happy weekend~

actually perhaps my information about the adapter was a bit misleading. Noticed that the shape may be a problem.

The electrical sockets used in Bali are generally of the EUROPEAN variety, though the 2-pin plug I showed will fit no problem.

Enjoy your holiday!