Bag for Event Photographer - Lowepro Lens Exchange Case 200 AW

Wai

Jan 17, 2002
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
For me, i switch between my 24-70/2.8L and 70-200/2.8L very often when I bring only 1 body. (I usually carrying 2 bodies for work, however for leisure/holiday i will prefer to bring only 1 body)

This bag has been out for more than 2 years but seems to be not very popular in Singapore. I like the design because there are 2 pouches that fit my 2 L lenses perfectly, I can just drop the lens in the pouch without worry that it slip off my camera bag.

With the Lens Exchange Case, I can leave my camera bag in car/hotel and go out with only Lens Exchange Case on my belt.

SF_LensXchg_LtUBelt-montage.gif

Any user out there can feedback on its usability and comfort? I do not have the S&F deluxe belt so i am not sure if this case is too heavy for a normal belt with 70-200 inside. It is rather hard and bulky due to the thick foam too, not sure how it will feel to walk around with it whole day.

This bag is not cheap (~$70) so I hope to hear more opinion before I buy. Here is a video on how the lens exchange case work

[video=vimeo;28019373]http://vimeo.com/28019373[/video]

I have it for more than a year now and i have used it two or three times. Most of the time I still fall back to my Thinktank skin pouches. This is because when I travel, I pack everything into my check in luggage with gear in a handcarry bagpack. When shooting, I will take out my belt system. Skin pouches flatten when empty and are much easier to pack into my check in luggage.

also, i find the individual sections of the lens exchange not as wide as I need it to be. Sometimes I actually have to force the lens in or out when using with my 24-70 and 70-200/2.8vr2

Wai said:
yah...I read that it cannot fit 70-200 with lens hood on?

You are right. Even with the hood reversed the fit is a little tight