B & H MO, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I shd start a new thread on this. I'm purchasing my D7 fr B & H. Anyone else wants to order anything? We can save on shipping if we consolidate more orders. Pls add on to the list below and let me know by Fri.

1. Vivien - Dynax 7 body
2. ileaf - Dynax 7 body

Yippee...I'm gonna be the proud owner of my dream camera very soon! :cheergal:

vivientan said:
Thought I shd start a new thread on this. I'm purchasing my D7 fr B & H. Anyone else wants to order anything? We can save on shipping if we consolidate more orders. Pls add on to the list below and let me know by Fri.

1. Vivien - Dynax 7 body
2. ileaf - Dynax 7 body

alamak... so u're starting your own order instead of long-pang me??? :cry:

Thinking of bring in some accessories but not sure of the shipping cost.. how to find out leh?

kenghor said:
alamak... so u're starting your own order instead of long-pang me??? :cry:
I don't think its a big problem, because if it ends up with lots of orders, then I think B&H may charge seperate orders anyway.

vivien: buy the VC-7 vertical grip too if its cheaper. it really makes a difference. you can use AA plus get full functions when shooting vertically like dials to change aperture/shutter, AF/MF button, AEL. really worth the money.

vivientan said:

1. Vivien - Dynax 7 body
2. ileaf - Dynax 7 body

Hi Vivien,

Will there be any custom charges here ???

Surfed the site again.. still cannot find the right stuff to long-pang :cry:

deslim27 said:
Thinking of bring in some accessories but not sure of the shipping cost.. how to find out leh?

You will have to add the items u want to your cart. At the right, there's a box for "shipping charges". Just select "Singapore", and the system will calculate for u. Of cos, if we do our MO, shipping charges will be much lower.

hoppinghippo said:
vivien: buy the VC-7 vertical grip too if its cheaper. it really makes a difference. you can use AA plus get full functions when shooting vertically like dials to change aperture/shutter, AF/MF button, AEL. really worth the money.

I wanted to, but it costs US$179.95 (without shipping & GST). That's abt S$306. Pretty pricey. :cry:

vivientan said:
Hmm...wat do u have in mind? Yr lenses too high-end until B & H don't dare to carry? :bsmilie: :blah:

B&H carry lah.. but no monie to pay leh.. you sponsor me lah. :blah:

vivientan said:
You will have to pay 5% GST. So basically, it's as follows :

price of item + shipping + 5% GST

I hoped I get it right! ;)

No import tax meh?

that's where the 5% comes in. I don't think there're additional taxes for photographic equipment.

hi, with the current situation, each person have to bear how much shipping cost.

thanks.

normanlai said:
hi, with the current situation, each person have to bear how much shipping cost.

thanks.

It's diff to tell now, unless I confirm the total no. of orders. The only worry is B & H might spilt the shipment if items we order are too bulky to be included in one shipment.

Dear Vivien & the rest whose interested in ordering....,

Base on my experience in ordering photography stuffs from B & H, undermentioned are explaination on which shipment type you likely choose;

a. If you intend not to pay the 5% GST then you choose 'US Postal Service - Global' but you have to wait a little bit longer for the stuffs to arrive S'pore - about 20 to 30 days & handling is by our own local Post Office.

b. If you want your stuffs within a week, then you choose 'UPS Express' but then again, you have to pay the 5% GST when the stuffs handover to you by UPS Singapore.

For your info, I've just ordered some accessories for my underwater camera & a pelican case on 14th May thru' UPS Express & wow received all the said stuffs on the 19th May - that was fast but GST 5% paid..

Items at B & H - sometimes are dirt cheap as US dollars sink but again you've to check in the local market first. Hope this statement, help you all.

Regards.... ;) ;) ;)

Note: Although another website - ADORAMA selling their stuffs cheaper then B & H but too bad no shipment to S'pore.

Status
Not open for further replies.